Chapter Nine

I sat, depressed as can be in detention. Instead of getting expelled suspended or something worse, our principal only gave us one week of detention each, all because Christine was too embarrassed to admit that I had kicked her ass. Jackson had tried texting me and calling me a bunch of times, but I ignored every single one of them. I really didnt know if what ryan and christine had said was true, but Jackson definitely was the last person I wanted to talk to right now. I didnt even know what was going on between us.

            I tried to do some homework, but my mind kept swirling with thoughts about the past few days, four and a half to be exact. I had never had so much interaction my entire high school career. From sitting unnoticed and lonely, to fighting bitches and kissing football players. What the actual hell was happening to me? My phone pinged a few times in my pocket, but I really didnt want to answer it. I knew it was Jackson. However, I couldnt focus on homework, and maybe ignoring Jackson so harshly was a little extreme...

            I pulled my phone out of my pocket. Jackson had texted me 13 times. I laughed. He really was stubborn. Half of the texts were him apologizing and asking to talk to me. The other half were sadfaces and him trying to make plans with me. The last two i had just gotten said 'Im waiting outside for you, we really need to talk', and the other said 'I miss you'. Jackson had been saying that often. I dont know why he was so interested in me. I sighed. I knew I had no choice but to face Jackson, because he was clearly waiting outside. He never kids about stuff like that. Checking the time, told me that detention was only going to last another 15 minutes. Groaning, I tried to focus on the time to make it go by slower, but with all my bad luck, the fifteen minutes flew by. I took my time packing up my stuff, taking as long as possible to zipper up my bag and pick up my folders.

            Outside, an all too familiar sight in the past two days greeted me. Jackson was leaning up against his blue mustang, running his hand nonchalantly through his wavy brown hair. I suddenly felt the urge to touch his hair..

            Snap out of it Kenedee O'Brian. No touching his hair. That was his hair, on his head... I smiled at my own random babbling.

            "Kenedee please dont ignore me, let me explain please.." His big blue eyes stared at me sincerely and I couldnt help but feel a tinge of guilt at having ignored him. Jackson had an odd way of affecting me.

            "Was it true?" I asked.

            "Yes but just let me-"

            "Why? Why me? why couldnt you pick some other freak? why’d it have to be me?" I cut him off. He closed off the distance between us in one step, and grabbed me by the shoulders. He pressed his lips to mine briefly, but it was still enough to feel the electricity pulse from him. It was.. thrilling.

            "Will you let me just explain god damn it? Please? Just listen to me." He stared deep into my eyes and I couldnt help but blush and look away.

            "And why do you keep doing that?" I murmured quietly. He pressed his thumb underneath my chin and gently tugged my face towards his.

            "What, you mean this?" He kissed me again, this time longer and deeper. I could feel a warmness erupt inside of me and take over my body, flowing through my veins and making my skin hot. My first kiss. These were my first kisses with Jackson Powell. These were my first kisses with any boy ever. He pulled away, a pink tint suffusing over his cheeks. I blushed badly and looked down at my feet.

            "Uh, yeah that" I shuffled awkwardly.

            "I do that, because I like you, Miss O'Brian, and I fancy your kisses" He flashed me a winning smile.

            "Okay so about the Ryan and Christine thing. Yah, its true. But its not at the same time.. They did bet that I couldnt get you to go to prom with me and date me, but I didnt think it was going to turn out like this. I know its terrible, but I didnt think id end up liking you so much. In a way, im sort of happy they decided to bet me, because than i never would of had the pleasure of meeting such a perfect girl" He looked at me nervously.

            "Im really sorry if i hurt you, I really didnt think they would tell you. I didnt even remember the bet because I enjoy you so much" He added it quickly. I looked up from the ground and met his gaze. I couldnt tell if he could see me or not, but i told him anyway.

            "Jackson, its okay. I forgive you. Im pretty happy I got to punch Christine though. She was a bonus" I smiled at him. Letting it go was the best option. There was no reason to hold on to such pointless anger. He apoligized, and I guess im satisfied with the answer to be honest.

            "Let me take you home beautiful" He opened the passenger door, and I got in.

            "Thanks" I tucked my backpack on my lap

            Something big was happening to me. And I could feel things starting to get better.