Chapter Four

It was saturday, two days after Jackson Powell decided to make me his creative writing partner. I sat at my kitchen table, staring down at the peice of paper with his number scribbled on it. We really should start our project.. but I really didn't want to spend any time with him, let alone text him and let him have access to my phone number. I growled in confusion. What the hell should I do?...

I typed his number into my phone, and hit 'send text message'... the blank box stared back at me menacingly.

Hi Jackson :) its Kenedee.

I hit the send button and waited. God this was so mortifying. A few seconds later, my phone pinged and I opened the awaiting text message.

Hey! do you wanna meet at the library at noon?

I looked at the time. 11:30... ughh why did Jackson have to be my partner?! I planned out a mini schedule in my head, and decided that noon was fine.

Yeah sure, see you there.

I sent the text and then ran upstairs to take a shower. When I got out, it was 11:45. Good thing I lived so close to the library. I spent five minutes searching through my clothes before I realized that I was in fact, invisible and he wouldn't be able to see my cute clothes no matter what. I got dressed, and headed downstairs. My mom was in the living room, watching Dr. Phil. I wrote to her that I was going to the library to work on homework, and she just nodded, her eyes never leaving the screen. Oh well I guess.

Outside it was sunny and bright, a beautiful saturday in the spring. There was only 2 months left of school, and this was our last big project for creative writing. In a way, I guess I was sort of excited to see Jackson. I don't know what it is, maybe his constant persistance, but it was starting to have an effect on me. Just thinking of him gave me butterflys.

When I got to the library, it was 12:03. I knew Jackson would be there, waiting for me, somewhere. It was cold, and I shivered, unnnoticeble to everyone. I figured hed be in the fiction section where we could get inspiration for our story, so thats where I went first. I got a few odd stares from a few people, even though I was pretty popular around this town. When I had become invisible, my name had been all over the news for at least 3 or 4 months. It was almost impossible not to know my name. I found Jackson in a matter of minutes, his back was towards me, and he was sitting in a chair near the huge glass windows that overlooked the parking lot. I went over to him and sat in the chair next to him.

"Hey Kenedee!" he whispered as soon as I sat down. man was he good at noticing me.. I grabbed his hand and traced the letters H-I into his palm.

"Man I can't get over how cool that is" he said to me. "how about before we start this damned project we go get something to eat? Ill buy, Ive been dieing to spend some time with you and talk to you a bit" He smirked at me, and I couldn't help but smile back. Even though, I knew he couldnt see it. God, I wish for once.. someone could actually see me.

When we got outside, Jackson brought me over to his car, which I had never seen before. It was a 2001 Mercury couger, and it was in beautiful condition. I gawked at his car, and he went over to the side and opened the door.

"After you M'lady" He laughed. Once he had gotten in, we both awkwardly sat there.

"So, where do you want to go? anywhere, my treat". As soon as he said anywhere, I could feel my stomach rumble with the desire to go to my favorite restaurant. I took out my phone, clicked on notepad, and began to type.

"friendlys?, its my favorite.." Jackson read out loud, he let out a low chuckle, mumbled something about having alot in common, and began to drive. I could tell this was going to be one hell of a meal.

~~~