Chapter 5

Walking with a skip in my steps, I patted my full stomach. Food always makes me happy.

Remembering that Xander told me to meet him in his office, a humongous ice-cold water dumped itself onto me mercilessly.

Sighing, all my happiness from moments ago gone, just like that.

You know what they say, it's funny how one word, one lie, one truth, one second, one minute, can change your life forever.

Standing outside of the double door, should I knock? Or should I just barge in?

Before I could reach to a conclusion, his husky voice came from the other end, "Stop wasting my time!"

"Jerk" I muttered, ignoring the flutter his voice cause me before pushing opening the heavy doors.

"Okay I'm here what do you want?" I stated bluntly, eager to get out of the room.

Without looking up from the stack of papers, he motioned for me to sit. I rolled my eyes but did it anyways.

Taking a deep breath, he looked up at me in the eye. "So, I got a few rules here." He started.

"What? I came here against my will, and now you want me to follow your rules?" I burst out, this guy doesn't make at sense.

"Number one, no going anywhere without telling me or my beta." He said monotonously, ignoring my rant. "Number two, only speak when you are spoken to." He paused, "Number three, make yourself invisible when I bring girls home."

His faced is blank, like a robot programmed to read out those rules.

"If you follow this simple, three rules, everything would be fine."

And just like that he continued to look at his stack of paper, switching one to the next.

I took a deep breath, "Okay sure."

I stood up, turn my back and walked out, not another word spoken to him.

I would not waste another tear on him.

At least not today.

Because it's useless, he already stated them and I'm too tired to fight. Let's just go with the flow for now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After getting out of the bathroom, I laid down flat on my bed, not caring that my hair is not fully dry.

Thinking back to the three rules, the last rule hurt the most. So he's going to bring girls home huh.

That thought alone felt like someone just stab my heart and twist the knife again and again. "Why?" I questioned to no one in particular.

Am I not good enough? Just because I'm an Omega?

Love don't come easy Lonia.

I know Zara.

With that I let the grieve carry me to sleep, my body drained out from all those emotions.

Let's just go with the flow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Walking down the steps, I'm surprised to see a girl about my age with blonde hair sitting on the couch, twiddling her fingers.

Wow, Xander is fast.

As if sensing my presence, she turned around and immediately stood up. "Oh hi! I'm Quincy! Err. I'm here to give you a tour." She said shifting from foot to foot nervously.