Chapter 2

Everything was chaotic, people, mostly the elderly including the Omegas were running in all four directions or rather all eight directions getting stuff ready.

If you can imagine the elderly running. The thought blew pass my mind subconsciously.

"Stop daydreaming Cat!" Another one of the Omega, Kol say holding a big metal pot going god knows where.

Shaking my head, I took the black rubber band from my wrist and tie my hair up in a messy bun.

Hmm where to start..."Cat over here!" An elderly woman waved me towards the curtains.

After helping her which I now know who is Mrs Frazzle, changed the curtains, dusted it, and dusted it again, as she quoted, 'it's not clean enough'.

I was already exhausted.

Before I can even take a breath, "Cat! Come on." Jen roughly drag me along with her with the duster still in my hand. "Jen where are we going?" I ask giving her a side glance, focusing on not getting kill by the numerous sharp objects around.

Leaving my question unanswered, the scent of baked honey chicken, cookies, and many more mouth-watering foods came swirling into my nostrils.

"Wilson! I brought more help!" Jen yell proudly trying to gain an elderly man who's wearing a chef hat attention over all the noises. "Less talking, more working, now go wash those vegetables and julienne it." He commands pointing to the many large baskets fill with cabbage on a long rectangle metal table.

I sigh, foreseeing my future with those cabbages.

Why do they even need so much cabbage for?

Before I can ponder on, "Stop daydreaming oh my god." Jen groan, rubbing her face. "Sorry." I say cheekily.

So, for the rest of the afternoon I was cutting cabbage. I felt like laughing at the irony of that sentence, like seriously who spend the whole afternoon cutting cabbage?

Me.

"I'm-We're done!" I fist-pumped, breathing out an air of relieve. "Yeah Cat, we still got tons of things to do." Jen point out the obvious, successfully popping my bubble which I'm so comfortable living in.

"I know so what now?" I complain. "Dress up!" She cheers, her eyes twinkling with excitement.

What...? I stood there dumbfounded but there are still so many things to do. "But-"

"Oh, shush all the girls have already went up to their rooms to get ready, leave the rest for the men." Jen say all giggly like she's on a sugar rush or something.

Talking about food, before she can haul me to god knows where again, I sneakily grabbed a chocolate chip cookie or maybe two.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ (-.-)

"So why are we dolling up for?" Before she can answer, "I know Alpha Xander the great is coming but we are just Omegas, are we needed to be present in front of him? Shouldn't all the higher ranks female weres be the one to get ready?" I ask trying not to moan when as the comb massages my scalp.

But seriously we Omegas would be just serving food, continuing the cleaning up although everything is already spotless.

"Dear Catalonia, you are so dead to the outside world!" Jen reprimand, putting down the comb and start the braiding process. I unknowingly pouted, I love that feeling.

"Rumours are heard that Alpha Xander not only come for a business deal with our pack but also to search for his mate." Jen say her voice an octave lower.