- The New Glade -

I walked through the flat trans and I came out into small wooden square building. Minho was leaning against the wall in the corner. I heard a whooshing sound as the flat trans behind me disappeared. "We did it Greenie. It's over" he said walking towards me. 

"Newt is outside so before you play happy families with him I want one last kiss. Please"
"Minho-"
But before I could continue his lips slammed against mine and he lifted me up with his hands on my thighs, I didn't object. He put me against the wall and kissed me again and again. It was wonderful almost too wonderful because when he pulled away I was half tempted to pull him back. "I'm gonna miss this" he whispered in my ear before kissing my cheek. "Come on let's show you around the new glade" he said smiled and dragged me out of the door.
I was blinded by sunlight but when my eyes adjusted a crowd of people were stood in a semi circle around the shed. My eyes fixed upon Newt, he looked as beautiful as ever, his blond hair clean and no green veins on his skin...he was my Newt again! I ran to him and he picked my up and held me tight, an array of clapping came from around us.
"Hey there Greenie"
"Don't hey there Greenie me you idiot" and I kissed him harder than I've ever kissed him before.

"Where's Teresa?" Thomas asked. I wriggled out of Newt's arms and turned to face Thomas I grabbed his shoulder and pulled him into a hug. "She's gone. She saved my life" I whispered in his ear. Thomas pulled away but he was fine, he didn't cry or look angry he just smiled and nodded. Newt pulled me back to him and I saw his eyes fix on Minho. "Hey man, come here" newt said as he let go of me and hugged Minho. "Thank you for keeping her safe"
"What did you expect?"
"Look I'm not going to keep her from you"
"Really?" Minho looked suspicious
"No, she loves you! No matter what I do that isn't going to change. Just try not to kiss her too much eh?" Newt winked and nudged him. "Can't promise that mate. It good to have you back, friend!" Minho said lightly punching Newt in the arm. They laughed and I felt like I was back in the maze again.

"Right! Let's get some shelter going you lot!" Minho shouted and clapped his hands, everyone followed him as he walked towards a forest area. I took in my surroundings, the grass was the greenest green I've ever seen in my life! The sky was blue and there were no clouds. To the right was a big cliff overlooking a vast ocean. And straight ahead I saw white sand I immediately ran towards the beach area and took off my shoes. "What are you going?" Newt said running beside me, I noticed that his limp was totally gone! "I've always wanted to do this!" I said as I stepped gently into the soft sand, my feet sank a little and the feeling of the soft grains around my feet was so relaxing. I walked forward towards the water that was gently gushing onto the sand. I waited for the water to come closer and I let it roll over my feet, it was the best feeling. I walked further into the water until it was up to my knees. "You guys have to try this!" I shouted back as I saw Thomas Minho Newt Brenda and Frypan stood at the edge of the sand, they exchanged looks and smiled at each other before running after me.

We spent an hour in the ocean before getting out and building a fire. We had a lake full of fresh drinking water so everyone had a glass as we say around the small fire. Eventually everyone found somewhere to sleep but the 6 of us stayed up.
"It's over" Thomas said sweetly
"Yeah it's mad I never thought it would be" I replied.
"Chuck and alby would have loved this" Newt said and put a hand on my thigh. "And Winston and Jeff and everyone else" Minho replied.

"Here's to friends. The ones that we lost and the ones that are still here!" I said holding my glass up. Everyone clinked their glasses with mine and repeated "to friends."

"Good that" Newt said, instead of drinking he pulled my face to his and kissed me.

--------------------------------------------
This is continued in Book 5!

I love you all so much!
Love Abbie 💚 💚