- Same Sky -

(Alright guys, here is a Newt chapter for you! I hope you enjoy this one! I thoroughly enjoyed writing it :D)

-Newt's POV-

I pace back and forward along the far wall of the bowling alley. "I can't believe i shot her" I mumbled, Jake came over and stopped me from pacing. "Dude, chill out. Just a girl!" He said and let go of my shoulders again. "SHE NOT JUST A GIRL!!! SHE WAS MY GIRL! MY GREENIE! I SHOT HER!" I yelled, I felt a tonne of pain in my head as i shouted and then sweat poured down my face as i started to shake. I slumped against the wall and put my head in my hands. "Woah?! She was actually your girlfriend? Nice one dude. Shame about you becoming a crank though huh?" Jake said, he slumped down next to me. Jake was much further gone than i was, the blue veins in his face were starting to turn green and his temper was getting worse. "Yeah, shame" I whispered. "Your doing OK though man, I mean you've got a while before your full on brainless. I reckon i got about a month or so. Think yourself lucky"

"You'll be fine Jake, just try not to do anything rash yah know"

"She was beautiful Newt"

"I know"

"How long have you known her?"

"oh um three and a bit years."

"How long have you been in love with her?"

"three and a bit years" I smiled and so did Jake.

"Why did you tell her you didn't love her?"

"Because if she thought i still did, she wouldn't leave me here. She'd fight, she always has fought for me. She was always there, I love her more than anything, I'd die for her"

"And she would die for you? That's what your saying?"

"Yeah. That's what im afraid of. She needs to move on and get used to the fact that im not going to be around anymore. I want her to be happy, and she can't be happy with me."

"Who was that guy who punched me in the face? he seemed pretty close with her?"

"That's Minho. He's, well was my best friend"

"Oh, what he like with her?"

"Um, he's in love with her. But she always picked me. Me and him had this thing, he always tried to steal her away from me, but it never worked, I always won."

"Oh. Um ok..."

"If i'd let her be with anyone else that wasn't me...it would be him. He's strong and fearless and will protect her no matter what the odds. That's who i want her to be with, as much as it kills me...Minho can love her and make her happy and keep her safe. That's all i want" I felt a tear slip down my cheek. It was true, if she did end up with Minho then it would kill me but i know she'd be ok and eventually once she got over me she'd be happy. 

"Do you think you'll ever see her again newt?"

"This may seem a little odd, but i can't shake the feeling that i know i am going to see her again before all this is over. In what state i'll be in? i don't know, but i will see her again...unfortunately" I hugged my legs tighter to my body as i said this. I did not want to see her again, I love her and i need to let her go, seeing her again will not help. I hope to god my feeling is wrong and she goes on to be happy and lives. 

"Guess Minho won the game after all" I stood up and walked out of the bowling alley, Jake didn't follow me, i so badly wanted a tree to sit under but there were no trees around here, so i sat on a curb, led back and watched the stars. I smiled to myself knowing that somewhere out there she would be looking at that sky too and that made me feel better.