- The Plan -

"I'm Joe, I know who you are. No talking whilst I explain the plan understand? Good."

He spoke non-stop for 10 minutes and I swear he didn't breathe once but I got the gist of the plan, even though I totally wasn't happy about it.

The basis of the plan was to send Thomas as bait and then send two people in closely behind him in case anything goes wrong. Once Thomas is inside he plants a device which turns off all of their electrical devices, i.e. Door locks and guns, then after that goes off we go in and rescue Thomas and anyone else before blowing the place up.

"Ok...you want to send Thomas in as bait?!" I said angrily.

"Yes, it will work, WICKED want him." Joe replied.

"I don't give a damn! We are not sending Thomas as bait!!!"

"Well what do you suggest?"

"Send me as bait!"

"No. You are too valuable"

"And Thomas isn't?"

"You know what I mean. The plan is final Thomas has agreed."

"Fine! But I want me and Vince to be the two that follow him!"

"Well i-"

"NO! I follow Thomas or the plan needs changing"

"ARGH! Fine! You and Vince will follow Thomas. Minho will help lead my set of people along with Gally"

I nodded and stormed out of the room, Minho followed me closely. "Hey calm down, Thomas will be fine" he put his hands on my shoulders. "Calm down greenie, we will be fine I promise" he said, I grunted and wrapped my arms around him and buried my head in his chest. He ran his fingers through my hair and I felt relaxed instantly. "When are we supposed to be going anyway?" I asked pulling away slowly. "three days" he whispered and we walked back down the corridor and into the main hall area where everyone was. I saw Frypan and ran to him "Where's Teresa by the way?" I asked, he looked to the floor "She's with WICKED" he said and leaned against the wall. I thought as much, Teresa has betrayed us in more ways than one. I hate her, I hate HER!

I found an empty room down a corridor and in it was a few armchairs so I sat in the cleanest one and stared at the door opposite me. My mind drifted to everything I have been through. I remembered the first day in the maze, the first time I set my eyes on Newt, how beautiful I thought he was. Becoming best friends with Chuck...I felt my eyes well up as I thought about him and everyone else who has died. Chuck, Alby, Winston, Jeff, Clint.....Nick. I thought about what happened with Nick, I have blamed myself for so many years, I have thought of myself to be a monster...But really the maze was about survival...I did what I had to do and seeing as there is a chance I could die tomorrow....I do not want to die hating myself. I wiped my tears away and told myself over and over again that I am not a monster and that I am strong and brave. My mind flashed to the scorch and seeing Newt slowly turn into a crank, nearly killing Teresa for what she did to Thomas...Minho getting struck by lightning. We have been through so much more than any teenager should go through. I hope we make it out of this alive, I hope we find somewhere safe and somewhere we can be happy.

During the last few days I felt my strength return. I could lift a gun and fire it with perfect precision without falling over or dropping the gun. Even Minho couldn't shoot as well as I could. "Damn, greenie is back guys!" Frypan shouted as he reloaded his gun to fire again. "You're good" joe said smiling "Putting you up front isn't such a bad idea after all" He nudged me and left the room.

The day came when we had to suit up and head out. We all wore black besides Thomas who was wearing jeans and a tshirt. We had bulletproof vests on and multiple weapons all strapped to our belts and backs. "Thomas, Y/N and Vince will head out tonight, they should get there tomorrow afternoon...we wait for their signal on the radio. Good Luck guys!"

"I love you greenie, please be careful!" Minho whispered as he pulled me into a hug. "I will" I smile, he pulls my face to him and kisses me, I kiss him back passionately because this could be the last time I ever see him, but I break away "I love you too" I whisper and walk out of the door with Thomas and Vince either side of me. I look behind and see everyone's smiling faces, my only thought was "I hope I see them again"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK, the next chapter will be extremely difficult to write....We will be seeing Newt again but it's going to be sad. (HE WILL NOT DIE THOUGH!!!)

Thank you for reading! I love you all so so so much :D

Love Abbie <3<3<3<3

o