- Clean Break Out -

"So tell me again Greenie? We have chips in our heads and that's why we have no memories and that's why they can trace us?" Thomas asked as we walked. I had kept one of the pieces of paper, I nodded and continued to walk. No one said anything for about half hour until we got to a set of huge double doors that you could fit a large truck through. "Ok I'm gonna go check it out. If it's safe I'll come back for you" Jorge said and he disappeared through the double doors.

"So what were you and Thomas talking about?" I asked Newt. "Oh don't worry baby. It's nothing" he smiled sweetly and for a moment I saw the same boy I met in the maze three years ago. The boy with eyes like deep chocolate, the one who had a sense of humour and would smile whenever he saw me. Now he still has the same face but he looks at me as if he's never going to see me again and it hurts that maybe one day he won't. But I quickly wipe that thought from My head. I will find a cure if it kills me. Maybe it might.

Jorge came back minutes later and smiles. "All clear. There's literally no one here!" he says and swings the door open. We walk through what is a very large Harrier. It has three giant bergs all pristine and lined next to each other. We walked through the maze of crates silently until we got to the closest aircraft. "Alright everyone in!" Jorge said, he pressed a button on the outside and the door came down slowly. We all stepped up the ramp and into the berg. Jorge went to the front and Newt joined him. Newt wanted to see the view from the air. Thomas went exploring after a warning from Minho that he doesn't touch anything. I sat down on a bench next to a small round window. Minho sat next to me and sighed. "We will help Newt. I promise" he says nudging me gently. I don't say anything and just nod, I'm not really paying attention. "Hey why is no one here? Shouldn't there be guards or something?" I say looking out of the window. Before Minho replies the berg starts shaking as Jorge ignites the engine. As we slowly fly through the door and into the sky I can't help but think that there is something very wrong with this situation and I immediately think of the others...frypan, aris, Winston came to my mind too but then I remembered. "What about the others Minho?" I ask rubbing my eyes. "Well I'm sure they'll be fine. Hey um were we friends before the maze greenie? I mean did you know me?" His eyes look hopeful. "I thought that you didn't want to know anything?"
"Please....I just want to know"
"We were more than friends at one point. It was me and you for a while. We were best friends." I smile at him and rest my head on his shoulder, I can't see his face but I know he's smiling too.

"All right guys. We will be in Denver in an hour if all goes well. I suggest you get some rest...Y/N I'm talking to you!" A voice which I can only assume was Jorge over the speakers. I lay down on the bench and put my head on Minhos lap. "I'll wake you when we get there" he smiles looking down at me, then he focuses his attention out the window and I fall asleep before I know it.

-------------------------------
I'm so sorry it's taken so long. This chapter is a bit crap but hey! More action coming in the next few chapters. Thank you guys so so much for sticking with me for so long I really do love you all so much!!

Love Abbie ❤️💚