My eyes looked around more frantically and it registered.  I was in a hospital.... I felt and heard the rate of my heart change and along with an already sick feeling inside me, the hurt was growing at the knowledge of where I was.  

Before I had the chance to react as I would to being in a hospital - sitting up and trying to get the hell out - something held me back.  I felt myself gasp and try to sit up in haste, needing out.  Out!  I couldn't go through this again, no more!  No more doctors, no more inaccurate and false tests, no more harassment's and being bound to a bed leaving me helpless...

Someone grasped my arm or rather, already was before I reacted.  The strong grip kept me down and against the bed when I instantly tried to get up.  What ever was keeping me pinned down was making the pain in me increase a little, making me grunt as I tried my hardest to raise myself up.  But I was just so drained and weak, it didn't take much for whoever it was to keep me down.

"It's okay, it's okay," a husky voice said, close to my side.  I wanted to find the source of whoever this was so as I turned towards that voice, I looked into his kind and sympathetic eyes. Not Luke's but I surprisingly saw that it was Mike.  His pursed lips and tight grip on my arm kept me down as I stared in fright through his eyes. I wasn't sure what to think, even if I trusted Mike.  Right now, I didn't want to even trust myself.  "You're safe and we wont let anything happen to you, hon. Especially that badass son-of-mine cop that wouldn't stop making sure everything was perfect for you," he said, the words reaching the air holding a tone of amusment.

Waking up in a hospital was enough of a shock to last me a good year after all the events that were still reoccurring in my head.  It took me a moment to register his words completely and after staring into his raw honest eyes, I knew he was right.  I was safe, despite my past experiences at the doctors or in the hospital before.  I wasn't here for tests, or because Clare beat my ass bad enough, or so the doctors could purposefully harass me.  I was here with reason and whatever they do to me here will be because of that reason - because I was hurt very badly.  Not to mention, I had enough people in the room to know I was okay. Strangely, looking around, my eyes stopped on where they all sat at attention around the bed.  

Brooke was the first person I saw.  Now, I let myself assess that Francis was here too, supporting his daughter who sat in his lap.  Francis's eyebrows were creased in absolute worry, his lips thin and his body full of tension.  When he saw that my eyes fell on him, he gave me a reassuring smirk.  But I was able to see right behind it, the guilt that was thriving under his skin.  I'm sure that had to do with leaving just before Mark showed up.  He should know that was completely my own stupid fault.  

Sitting next to Francis was Jan, her gentle eyes full of sympathy like Mike's was.  She gave me a loving smile when I looked to her, showing me her complete support.  She looked somewhat messy - which sounded worse than it really was.  More like shook up I guess you could say or not really prepared in her perfectness like she usually was.  

I noticed right away Luke wasn't in the room.  But Mike's words rung loud and clear.  That he was off his rocker in worry, making sure everything was comfortable, safe, and reassuring for me.  It was so beautiful, even if I didn't know where he was now. Because I at least had a good understanding with those words and just how he is that he is around here somewhere if he wasn't in my sight.

Clare wasn't here either but I mean really, was that such a shocker?  After all, she is such a loving and involved mother.  How I wished it was her Luke repeatedly shot and not Mark.  I'd rather it be that bitch any day.

Thoughts of her didn't last quick when my eyes continued through the room and landed on a small table by the window.  I was more shocked by whatever the hell this was than the people here to visit me.  The fact that they brought me flowers, dozens of them in elaborate vases.  I saw a few balloons and some small teddy bears next to the flowers, facing the bed where I rested now.  I only ever heard about things like this happening; people getting things when they were ill or maybe hurt.  Something like 'get well soon' or whatever that is.  I never thought I would ever receive anything like their sympathy let alone flowers and other small gifts for it too.