15. Drew The Stalker

Mia

.

Things were still tense between Luke and Ruby. The rest of us wanted to fix that. We just didn't know how. Serenity and I spent all morning trying to figure something out, but I knew how upset Ruby was about this. She wouldn't just forgive him in a heartbeat. She was still feeling down. Despite our efforts to cheer her up, nothing seemed to work. I didn't think she would be this upset over it. Or maybe it was something else but she wouldn't tell us what. Either way, we had to help get her back on her feet.

I tried talking to Luke, asking him to apologise but he told me that every time he wanted to, he couldn't find Ruby anywhere. He said she wouldn't even show up for classes as much anymore. Even if she was in class, she always rushed out the door before Luke could get to her. What was going on? Maybe she wasn't mad at Luke anymore, maybe there really was something else bothering her. We just had to find out what.

"Mia."

I looked up from my books and groaned, seeing Drew.

"What do you want, Drew? I have to study." I sighed, looking back down at my open books. "Besides, how did you even know I was here? I think I'm gonna name you 'Drew the Stalker' now." He took a seat next to me.

"What? I just happened to be in the library looking for a book and I found you instead. But really? 'Drew the Stalker'?" Drew chuckled, leaning back in his chair. I rolled my eyes.

"Go find someone else to annoy, please." I sighed, rubbing my temples.

"You're cute when you're frustrated." He smirked, ignoring my request. "You remind me of a kitten."

"Why's that?" I mumbled, closing my eyes.

"Hm. Let's see. You're feisty, sweet when you want to be, you could kill someone with the colour of your eyes, because fuck, they're blue."

"I don't like you. I'm never sweet to you. I'm more pissed off than sweet." I snorted.

"Feisty." Drew was smirking now. (When was he not?)

"Please just go. I really have to study now." I ran a hand through my hair, looking up at the ceiling.

"I can help."

"I don't want your help."

"I won't leave you alone then."

"You won't leave me alone anyway!"

"True."

I looked at him and shook my head. "You're unbelievable."

"Thank you, I try." Drew chuckled.

"Just be quiet then." I mumbled, opening another book. "Because I really don't want your help."

"Alright. You have my word, m'lady." He beamed. I raised an eyebrow.

"Really?"

"Are you going to study or not?"

I sighed loudly, shaking my head in disbelief. I looked down at my open book and picked up my highlighter, running it across a sentence. I could feel Drew's eyes on me the whole time. I shifted uncomfortably but continued highlighting things.

After only fifteen minutes, Drew spoke up again. "Are you done yet?"

"No." I muttered, my eyes fixed on my book. "Be quiet."

He didn't say anything else. Another fifteen minutes later, he asked the same thing.

"Are you done yet?"