8. Reuniting

Luke

.

I checked the time on my phone and groaned.

11:43PM.

Drew still wasn't back yet. I had to stay up and wait for him to come, because he always made a lot of noise while I was asleep. He did it on purpose, of course. Ever since college started, he had been leaving the dorm at 7:00PM to go to parties and not return until 1:00AM. It drove me insane. Every time I tried to sleep around 9:00PM, Drew's loud door slamming and shuffling around would wake me up. Then he would go and take a long shower, and after that, he would keep moving his stuff around just to make a lot of noise to keep me up.

Long story short, he just loved to piss me off.

I was currently laying in bed, the plain white blanket covering the lower half of my body. I sighed, rubbing my eyes. I was tired, but I knew I'd have to keep waking up, so what was the point in going to sleep?

I looked around the room. I kept the lights on this time. That was another thing Drew did when he got back. He always switched on the bright lights after slamming the door, waking me up in a second.

I sat up in the bed, looking out the window that was behind me. I stared down at the empty campus, shaking my head. Almost everyone in college partied every night, just like Drew. The loud music always rang in my ears - that was another thing that kept me awake. The loud fucking music.

Maybe I would've joined in a couple of months ago, but it was different now. I had changed. I just wanted some sleep so I could actually do well here. This was my second chance. I already fucked up high school. This was way more important. I needed to try hard.

Just as I was about to lay back down, I heard a soft knock on the door and frowned. Did Drew forget his keys or something? Well, if he did...I wasn't going to let that sucker in. I smirked to myself and laid back down, curling up in the sheets.

A few seconds later, I heard the knock again. I rolled my eyes.

I'm not going to let you in, asshole.

I closed my eyes and tried blocking it out. But the stupid knock came again, louder this time.

Fucker.

I groaned and climbed out of bed, walking towards the door. I unlocked the door and rolled my eyes, swinging it open.

"Did you honestly forget -"

"Hey, Luke."

I looked down at Mia, blinking a few times. I smiled, grabbing her hand. I pulled her inside and shut the door behind her.

"Hey. What are you doing here? I thought you'd be asleep." I chuckled. She shrugged and wrapped her arms around herself, looking up at me.

"I'm not tired. Besides, who's going to be able to sleep when all you can hear is dubstep?"

I nodded, rubbing my eyes. "Yeah." I sighed. "I have to wait for Drew to get back."

"Why's that?" Mia asked, sitting down on the edge of my bed. I sat down beside her and started explaining everything.

Once I was done, she rolled her eyes.

"Jerk." She sighed. "I'm really sorry you have to share a dorm with him."

"Me too." I nodded, looking down at her. "He loves making me mad."

"I can tell. Let's just get your mind off him, okay?" Mia crossed her legs. I looked down at them, biting my lip.