Chapter 16

Kai's Pov

I was running a little late closing up shop at work. The last tattoo I did took longer than I expected. It was a sternum piece of a raven. The customer kept moving around, so it was harder to do, but it still came out close to perfect. (Pic in media)

Anyway, I locked up and left out to my car. On the way to my car I got a call from Tru, she was freaking out. I couldn't make out what she was saying through all the cries. But I did hear one thing loud and clear, that her father was alive.

So many things rushed through my mind all at once. No he wasn't my father, but he was the closest thing to a father I ever had. My father was always abusive towards me, he would beat me if I did wrong, shit even beat me if I did right. He even beat my mother when he got the chance. My dad was always scared of Tru's dad so the most he would do was beat me. But it got way worse when Tru's dad died. That was when my father started to molest me. Then one day I found out I was pregnant and I finally spoke up. They put my dad in prison for 25 years, and charged him with rape and child abuse.

I rushed home as fast as I could, so fast I'm surprised I didn't get pulled over. I got home, pulled up in my driveway, got my keys out the ignition and ran to my front door. I unlocked the door and ran inside only to see that Tru was nowhere to be found. I looked upstairs and downstairs, and in all our rooms. I even checked the baby room to see if she was in there, but she wasn't. I called Tru's phone, she answered still crying.

Tru's Pov

"Baby girl, Where are you at?" Kai asked worried

Honestly, I had absolutely no idea where I was, or where I was heading. I just know I had to be anywhere but home right now.

"Kai, I don't know, I just don't know what to do right now" I said through tears

"Ok baby, you're alright just come home. I'll be here waiting for you."

"Ok, I'm on my way now"

I pull up to the next intersection ready to make a u-turn. What happened next was something that came out of nowhere. All I remember last was the flashing lights and sirens heading my way before everything went black.

(A/N What happened to Tru? 😳 Comment, vote, follow)