1. Childhood Memories

Once upon a timeI used to romanticizeUsed to be somebody, never mindDon't miss it that much nowI think it's sinking inThe days that I wonder where I've beenIn picture perfect porcelainBut I won't lose a pound

Once upon a time
I used to romanticize
Used to be somebody, never mind
Don't miss it that much now
I think it's sinking in
The days that I wonder where I've been
In picture perfect porcelain
But I won't lose a pound

«

Calliope stood outside her sisters door repeatedly banging as she heard footsteps rushing towards her and the door swung open.

"Yes Lia?" Said the 5"3 strawberry blonde in front of her, covered by a white blanket.

"You, keep it down. I'm not in the mood to hear your moans while I'm trying to sleep." Calliope pointed an accusatory finger at her twin.

"Well I don't wanna hear your sleepin while I'm moaning." Lydia replied as she slapped the other girls finger away.

"That doesn't even make sense and you know it!" Calliope huffed.

"Well it does to me." Lydia smiled before shoo-ing her sister away.

"I mean it this time Lyds!" She yelled through the wood before retreating back to her room.

The redhead stood by the stairs waiting for her sister to come down them as she bit into her apple. As she bit down the sour and bitter juices flooded her mouth twisting her face into a pout. Lia gaged as she slowly stuck her tongue out, spitting the apple chuck into the palm of her hand, before throwing it all away.

"Classy, Lia, classy." Jackson scoffed as he skipped down her steps.

"Shut it Jacky." Lia laughed as she made her way to the couch. She glanced at her surroundings on her small trek, taking in the old memories of prior play dates and birthdays. Memories begin to flood her mind as she looked at the pictures on the fire place but one caught her attention in particular.

"I remember this one." She whispered as she picked up the small yellow frame covered in foam flower stickers. Lia's small arms were spread out. It had been one of the Martin twins famous at-home talent shows in which Lia had sang a one person rendition of You're the One That I Want from Grease. She chuckled softly before placing it down next to a simpler, silver frame. Her head tilted as she took the second photo into her hand, examining it. It was the first day of 4th grade, Lia was standing right next to her best friends, Stiles and Scott. Back then she had thought Stiles was the weirdest kid in the class, still kinda does. She didn't like him much since his loud and antsy personality clashed with her uptight and short tempered one. Over the years the boy had started to grow on her though, managing to shove himself and Scott into her close personal bubble.

"Lia come say goodbye!" Lydia yelled from the front door. Calliope sighed, placing the picture back carefully before walking over to her sister and Jackson.

"Bye." Was all he said as he walked out the door.

"Bye." Lia mocked, swinging the door shut behind him.

"Let's pick out your outfit." The small strawberry blonde squealed, taking her twins hand and dragging her upstairs.

"Are you sure you want to wear something so, toned down?" Lydia asked as she stood at the doorway with a finger on her chin.

"I- I don't know." Lia huffed, lowering the shirt she had picked out.

"What's wrong?" Lydia marched into her sisters room, taking her hands and sitting them on the bed. "You can talk to me." She smiled softly.

"Okay, so you know how I always say I'm content with how I am, that I don't need the flashy outfits and attention?" Lia began.

"Yeah." Lydia slowly nodded.

"Well I lied. I want the glitter and the glam, I want to step out of my comfort zone. I'm not saying I want to be you but it would be nice to not be known as The Other Martin." Lia finished.

"Well I can totally do that! You know we can go shopping tomorrow and go to the salon if you want a hair cut, I think you'd rock a bob." Lydia eagerly jumped on the bed, pulling her sisters hair back. "Oh! You might even get a boyfriend this year." She excitedly clapped.

"I don't want or need boyfriend." Lia remarked.

"But what about Alan?" She said quickly.

"Lydia." Lia warned. "Don't make me bite you again." She said.

"Fine. For now." Lydia sighed, getting up to leave the room dodging Lia's pillow in the process.

"You need soundproof walls!" Lia laughed as Lydia stumbled out the room.

"And you need to leave the house more!" She retorted.

"Touché!" The youngest Martin yelled back and yawned. "Maybe this year will be different." Lia mumbled, knocking out the second her head hit the pillow.

»

Hey, so I decided to revisit this book
completely rewrite it.