Shopping for the Party

Souls POV

The next day, Black Star, Crona, Kid and I all went shopping for everything we would need for the party. The girls also went shopping, but the four of us separated from them. They kept criticizing what we picked out, and honestly, I didn't care for the girls opinions. Normally I would, but I've found lately that I haven't really cared for girls as much as I used to. I had more started caring about what Kid thought of me lately, and I already accepted how I felt about him. There was just always a voice screaming in my head that liking Kid like this was wrong, that I should be out picking up girls like a cool guy, but I started to ignore that voice a while ago, though I still tried to cover up my feelings.

"Hey Soul?" Kid said in a questioning tone while Black Star and Crona were trying on clothes in the back of the store. The two of us were sitting on a bench just outside the store with the clothes we had already bought.

"Yeah Kid?" I asked.

"Why have you been acting so different around me lately?" Kid asked me. "I mean, you never really seemed to care for my opinion, but now it seems to be the only one you care about in the group."

"I don't really know. I hadn't really noticed." I lied. "I still care about other peoples opinions."

"But the way you've been acting makes it seem like you care about mine over everyone elses." Kid stated. "What's with that?"

I sighed in defeat, knowing that if I continued to try and lie he would keep questioning me. "If I tell you, do you promise to never speak of this, or tell anyone?"

"Sure, I promise." Kid replied.

"I uhhh...." I tried to figure out how to tell Kid how I felt, but the words wouldn't really come out right.

"If your uncomfortable telling me, that's fine. You don't have to say anything." Kid told me when he saw that I was uncomfortable talking about it, and he put his hand on top of mine. I felt a blush creep up to my face at the gesture, and I pulled my hand away. Despite what he had just said, I still felt like I needed to tell at least someone what I had felt for the past few months.

"I-I've had a crush on you for a few months now." I said in a low, almost inaudible voice, facing away from Kid as I said it.

"What?" Kid asked me.

"I've had a crush on you for a few months now." I said a little louder, and I could tell my face was completely red from blushing. Kid gave me a somewhat surprised look, but it also showed that he had guessed my feelings a while ago, and his face made it seem like he was more surprised about his guess being right. "Please don't tell anyone..."

"I won't. I know how hard it can be when someone blurts out a secret like that." Kid told me.

"What do you mean?" I asked him.

"I guess Liz and Patti were the only ones in the group that have known this, but back when I lived with my mom in stead of my dad, someone started blurting that I was gay to people after I told my mom about it. I got so humiliated there that I left to live with my dad because I thought I would be ridiculed less here. I never really told anyone here, though, because I've been scared the same thing would happen here." Kid told me. "Liz and Patti so far were the only two that really stuck with me knowing that I was gay."

"That sounds pretty bad." I commented. "But I'm kind of glad that happened to you. I mean, if it hadn't, the rest of us wouldn't have been able to meet you. There were so many different things that the eight of us have accomplished that without you, Liz, and Patti, we wouldn't have been able to do. And honestly, I don't know where any of us would be right now if we hadn't met you."

"I guess you are right about that." Kid said. "It was a pretty painful experience, though."

"Hey, everybody has to go through rough times." I said. "So, you're gay?" I asked in confusion. I never really thought Kid seemed as the type to be gay. I had hoped that he was, but I never held my hopes on it very high. I always thought he spent too much time with Liz and Patti for him not to be in some kind of secret relationship with one of them.

"Yeah. I guess you are too." Kid grinned.

"You seem to be kind of happy about that." I gave an awkward chuckle.

"Maybe because I am." Kid stated, and I gave him a surprised look. He started leaning a little closer, somehow making me redder. His face was right next to my ear, and he whispered, "You have no clue how long I've wanted to be with you. And I would totally kiss you if Maka and Tsubaki weren't on their way over here."

"Wait their coming over here?" I asked.

"If I'm not mistaken, yes." Kid said, pulling away from me. I felt cold from the loss of his body heat next to mine after he pulled away from me, and not even a minute later, Maka and Tsubaki were standing in front of us.

"Hey, wheres Black Star and Crona?" Tsubaki asked.

"They were in there trying on some stuff. We already finished, and we got bored in there, so we came out here to talk." I replied.

"Well, if you boys want to join us for lunch, we're going somewhere outside the mall." Maka mentioned.

"Yeah, we looked around, and there's really no good food places in here." Tsubaki stated.

"Sounds good. I guess we just have to wait for Black Star and Crona." Kid stated.

"We'll be waiting out in the front of the mall." Maka said, and the two of them walked off, leaving Kid and I alone again.

"Hey Soul?" Kid said after a few seconds of silence.

"Yeah Kid?" I asked.

"Would you maybe want to be in a relationship?" Kid asked me, and I snapped my head to look at him. I guess I had hoped for that, but now that he was actually asking me out, in a pretty awkward way, might I add, it felt weird. I felt excited, anxious, and nervous about all of this at once.

"Y-Yeah, I guess." I smiled.

Sorry for the short chapter, but I'm trying to get this story done before Halloween. There's really no plot to this, but I hope you guys like the way the story goes :)