24. New beginnings (Part Two)

Please see my note at the end of the chapter for more information. I'm excited to say that this book is nearly over! Make sure to vote/comment please and thanks! 

Beyoncé - Love On Top

It was 12:45am when Vincent and his entourage finally arrived at the hospital. He looked a mess in his sweats and tshirt but had tunnel vision, only wanting to see Laurel. He almost walked past the receptionist desk before he remembered to check in. It took about 15 minutes to finalize all the paperwork and give him a basic wristband. What's this for? "It's just so that we can identify you sir. Who are you here for again?" Why am I surrounded by idiots? "My fian- I mean girlfriend is expecting. Does Laurel Dawson ring a bell?" Man that was way too close! She typed away on her computer and gasped. "She's here in room 714, sixth floor. Head upstairs right away, the doctor needs to see you." I hope everything is okay.

He ran to the elevator with Shawn and Marisol too tired to say anything. Shawn quickly messaged the security team to get in position after they got off the elevator. Vincent wanted the moment to be special, so he blocked off the whole floor from the press and media. He was reasonable though, he allowed the other patients and medical staff to do their jobs not wanting to disturb anyone. They ran down the main hallway taking a left to the even numbered rooms and stepped into the waiting area of Suite 714. All of the immediate family was there, except two moms. Where are they?  Leo walked over and started cursing out his son in Italian, and Vince responded back quickly. 

Hearing the commotion outside Dr. Carter came out into room. "Is there a Vincent Castellano here?" The two stopped arguing and Vince raised his hand. "I'm here. What's the problem? Is she okay? Can I see her?" "Come with me so I can speak to you privately." This isn't good at all. Once in the hall Dr. Carter broke the news. "We're still having trouble trying to get the second twin to drop down. We've suggested things to Laurel to try and she's not focused on the labor. I don't want to have to do an emergency C section on her since she wanted a natural birth, but I might if they don't move along." Vincent breathed a huge sigh of relief after the doctor finished. "Tell my mom and mother in law to get out right now." "Are you sure that's wise Mr. Castellano?" Dr. Carter looked at him in disbelief as he nodded yes. I just need to see her.

1:00am

Both mother's left the room quickly, upon learning Vincent's arrival. He practically broke down the door, despite feeling exhausted entering the room and froze. She looked completely different in the hospital gown, and having an IV hooked up to the machines. For the first time in his life he was genuinely terrified for her. Laurel looked up in shock as he ran towards her bedside in tears. I'm so happy he's here! The  mother's were driving me nuts. No words were needed as she held him close as he quieted down. "Why did I have to miss you going into labor? I feel like crap." "Circumstances aside Vinny, I'm okay. The boys don't wanna co- Owww!", she yelled in his ear. Not knowing what to do, she directed Vince, "Get the doctor, now!", This contraction hurts like a mother! Right on cue Dr. Carter came in and smiled. Why is she so happy?  My fiancee is miserable right now. "Let's take a look." She lifted Laurel's hospital gown up and checked to see how far along the twins were. "That contraction was a good one, because now they're both moving down. When the next one comes work with it not against it." "Doc, will they be here soon?", Vincent asked hopeful. "In a few hours yes. She's not dialated enough yet, but we're getting close. We can set up the birthing tub if she prefers." "No I don't want the tub. Can we go home? I want my own bed." Elle I was thinking the same thing. "I'll be back to check on her in little while. It won't be long before they arrive."

--- 

Two hours later  - 3:00am

Mom was right when she said pregnancy isn't easy. They're kicks are strong! Vincent kept Laurel on track in labor and she was doing well. "Vince go to bed, I'll be fine." She's kidding me. I'm not going anywhere. "No I'm not leaving you." Dr. Carter came back in and checked Laurel. "Alright Ms. Dawson, are you ready?" Is she serious? I feel like my vagina is going to fall out! Ugh. "Get your scrubs on Mr. Castellano." "They're already on, Doc." "Good. Get ready to push Laurel." She paused, feeling like giving up. "Buttercup just look at me okay, We'll do this together.", Vincent told her holding her hands. "I'm scared! I don't want to do this anymore! Owwww!", she wailed feeling the baby kick harder.    She's just as scared as I am! "Laurel push now!", Dr. Carter said. She sat up and pushed feeling a burning sensation in her core. "OH MY GOD!" "You're doing great sweetie keep going." "Vincent I hate you so much right now." He laughed at her antics. "Almost there Laurel, I have the head. Now push again." "ARRRGH!" "One more push!" She gave it her all and the boy wailed upon arrival.

3:15 am

The first boy continued wailing while the nurses cleaned him up and took his stats. Laurel laid back down exhausted while Vincent watched the nurses. 5 minutes later the second boy came into the world. "We did it Elle! I love you so much!", Vincent beamed while the nurses cleaned her up and gathered their sons vitals. I feel like I gave birth to two rhinos!  I hope they have all their fingers and toes. Vincent sat down next to Laurel and sighed from relief.

The nurses brought both boys in and the couple beamed.  Vincent took one and Laurel took the other. "Can you believe that they're here Elle?", Vince asked not taking eyes off his first born. "No and they're identical honey look." They are? How? "Dominic's birthmark is on his neck  right here." She pulled down the blanket to show Vince a moon shaped mark on the newborn's neck. "No way! I was thinking of that name as well. So who came out first? I can't tell." "Dominic did because he weighs slightly more than Adrian. I'm actually surprised they're not breastfeeding right now. But it's early in the morning so they're asleep."How does she do it? Is she psychic? "Were you a mind reader in a past life Elle?" She laughed, "No of course not. Let's get the families in here to see the boys.They've waited long enough." "Okay. I'll let them in. So I'm holding Adrian then?" "Yes and please open the door before the nurse gets cursed out by my mother." I'd rather not have to break up a fight. Here we go!

----

3:45 am It was exhausting having everybody hold the boys and gush over them. Laurel and Vincent held it together even though they were both tired. The nurse came in with the Vital Records and birth certificates. She looked at the couple and asked them, "So what are you going to name them? I'll fill out the form for the eldest child first." Laurel looked down at the baby and said "Dominic Leo Castellano." Aww she's giving my dad's name to him, how sweet!  "Alright he's all set. Now about the second baby." Laurel was about to speak but Vincent started immediately. "Adrian Marcel Castellano." Way to take over Vincent. Smh. "Good choice! I'll be back with all of the wristbands shortly. And then we can settle them in their bassinets for the night." "Thanks so much for everything.",Laurel said to the nurse.  "No problem."

Awhile later...

After everyone went home (around 4:30am), the nurses took the boys back  so that they could sleep. They came back to finish cleaning Laurel up while Vincent nodded off in the nearby chair. This tour is taking a toll on him. He could use a break. "Amen to that! I was thinking about the Bahamas for a weekend." Laurel shook her head and laughed, "That's a start. I can page the nurses for a cot if you want to stretch out." He climbed into her hospital bed and held her close drifting off. "I don't need a cot, I have everything I need right here." Aww! I'd kiss him if I wasn't so tired right now. "What about the end of tour?" "Love just go to sleep.", he answered slightly irritable. Laurel rolled over, laid her head on his chest and fell asleep. Hallejuah! I have the man of my dreams and two kids! What more could a woman ask for?

--- The epilogue will have the end of the tour and wedding announcement. I'll be posting that sometime tomorrow evening. - Lauren