21. Preparing for the tour (Part One)

Bonnie and Clyde 03' - Jay-Z and Beyonce

Monday August 17th, 2 weeks later

8:30am

It took about a week for her townhouse in Mass. to sell after putting it on the market. Laurel left her head massage therapis, Amber in charge of her business down in Mass since she was moving to NY. Laurel wasn't allowed to lift a finger due to Vincent's insistance, so he hired a moving crew to move all of her stuff to the new house. She was relieved that she didn't have to do anything because as of Sunday, all she wanted to do was eat and sleep. She didn't want to be up now, but Vincent was excited about this doctor's appointment today. Getting dressed she asked Vince, "Do we have to go to this appointment today?" Is she seriously trying to avoid the doctor's? Vincent came out the walk in closet and helped her put her shoes on. "Yes sweetheart we're going because we need to talk to her about you three coming on tour with me. Plus in order to beat traffic we have to be early." Only if he gets me a chocolate frosty and large fry from Wendy's afterwards. "I need to stop by Shawn's later today." "May I ask why?" "I have to pick up something for the tour." "Fine Vince."

An hour later

9:30am

They made it to the doctor's office early so they didn't have to rush inside. Once they were in the waiting room, Laurel grabbed a magazine and started reading it ignoring Vincent. Again with the silent treatment. Sooner or later she'll come around. I just hope I'm not too late. Still feeling anxious he got up and walked around the room for a few minutes, then he sat back down next to her.

"It will be so much fun if we had girls.", Laurel gushed upon seeing a new mom with a baby girl come out of the office. "Not if I can help it. No dating until after college." If he had his way, he'd lock them in a tower and wouldn't let them out until the age of 30. Whoa man, that's a little harsh. "Vince, if we had boys it would be the same thing. That sounds like something from the 1950s for heavens sake." What's she getting at? "I'm not understanding you Elle. Where are you going with this?" Men sometimes, sheesh. He's kinda cute with that clueless look on his face right now. Wait I'm still supposed to be mad at him remember? "Elle, come back to Earth." "Damn you and your gorgeous brown eyes!" "I'm glad to know they still have an effect on you." "Anyways I was saying that with boys, you'll have to be careful as they grow older." "Why? I don't get it." "They'll leave a string of broken hearts behind. Plus the idea of them sneaking girls into the house." Vince chuckled to himself, remembering when he snuck into her room way back that one August night. Before he could continue however they got called into the doctor's office 15 minutes early.

9:45am

Once inside the doctor's office things were quiet. Awkward but quiet. Vincent helped Laurel get up onto the exam table and sat next to her. She could've said thanks at least. I just hope this goes well and she can come with me on tour. Dr. Carter came into the room with Laurel's chart and turned on the ultrasound machine. Next she got the gel for the wand and prepped Laurel's stomach. How come they never warm up the gel first? It's always cold. She looked at the couple and said, "Ready for the big reveal?" Vincent shook his head yes excited at the fact of being a father to two kids. Dr. Carter put the wand against Laurel's stomach and moved it around until two fetus's came into view. "Oh my goodness they look huge!", Laurel blurted out surprised at their size. "Laurel they're still growing, remember that. From glancing at your chart earlier they'll roughly be about 8-9 lbs. each." Vincent laughed at his comment backstage before the Sweetheart Concert he said a few months back. "Go to hell Vincent, I hate you." "You still love me, I'm not letting you get away anytime soon. I'm glad that they're healthy." My goodness I hope it's not like this after we get married. Well if we even get to the engagement party I mean. Damn I have to tell him if I want to marry him again or not. I still don't know what to do?! Maybe my mom will have some ideas.

"Here's the results! Congratulations are in order. You'll be the proud parents of two healthy boys!", Dr. Carter beamed as she took the photos. This is awesome I can't wait to teach them how to drive! Vincent perked up and said, "This is amazing! I can teach them, guitar and football. I can't forget about music, and building a treehouse and - " Laurel interrupted him before he could get his next word out. "You forgot about the string of broken hearts dear." Really Elle? Smh. "This is wonderful news! Thanks Dr. Carter." "The pleasure is all mine. I'll be right back with the baby photos and some homework I want you to do at home." Homework seriously? I'm not in school anymore!

Dr. Carter came out with a spiral bound book about meditation and pregnancy exercises for Laurel to do at home in her leisure. "I have a question doctor. Is it possible for her and the twins to come on tour with me these next two months?" "If she can keep her pressure down and not cause any undue stress on the children she can go." "What are you talking about me having stress?", Laurel asked confused. Laurel reached out and held onto Vincent's hand. he didn't react to it outwardly. Inside he was jumping for joy at her reaching out for him. I'm not being left home alone while he travels the country for two months! "Has there been any recent changes at home Laurel?" "Vincent and I recently moved in together and he cheated on me with my ex best friend a few weeks ago.", she replied grimly. Ugh she has to bring it up again. I thought we were working on this?

"Oh dear. Well I recommend counseling for the both of you, and you will be on bedrest for the next two months." "Doc you can't be serious?! I can't leave her by herself!", Vincent said bolting up out of the chair. These two have no idea how much stress can damage an unborn child! "She needs bedrest for about a month and then we'll talk no buts about it." "Actually this will be kind of fun!" What the hell did she just say? "Vince think about it, I can relax on the tour bus, and in the dressing room at each of the venues. Or I could sit backstage at each of your shows." "Elle that's perfect! Is that ok doctor?" Dr. Carter smiled at the solution Laurel came up with for the month of September. "That's fine with me. Just check back in with me the first week of October to check on her progress." Hallelujah! She can come with me after all! Maybe I can introduce her as a special guest! I know the fans are dying to know if I'm seeing anybody. What a better way to do that when she's right back stage at my shows? Shawn's gotta agree with me, well after I tell him first.

***Part Two will be up sometime next week! - @lovelylauren_5***