Chapter 7: The Accomplice

Savio had gone, and darkness had fallen. There were a few lights illuminating the zoo, but unusually, the lemurs weren't partying, and their lights were all off. They had gone to sleep already, and thus penguin crew was on the move, looking for answers.

Once they discovered that the zoo had no leads on the black and white bandits, they headed in to the park to check with Archie and Fred. "So, Fred, you admit to seeing these so called 'bandits'?"asked Skipper. "Well yeah, last time I saw them I was helping 'em capture a stuffed penguin doll from the zoovenir shop!" said Fred dazily. "You kniving backstabbing pathetic excuse for an acquaintance!" shouted Skipper. "Well, I'll help you rescue 'em!" said Fred. " 'Em' don't need no rescuing!"denied Skipper. "The 'stuffed penguin' needs rescuing!"
"Sir, technically that means that they do need rescuing, " pointed out Kowalski. "Don't get technical..."

"Why are you so concerned about a stuffed toy?" asked Fred. "That's no stuffed toy..." said Skipper. "It's, dramatic pause...Private!" he shouted. "Nope, I thought your little friend only lives in that area with the tiny fishbowl, and the concrete block surrounded by the pool?" asked Fred. "Archie, is what this psycho squirrel saying true?" asked Kowalski. "I don't know. What was he saying?" asked Archie. Kowalski hit himself in the face. "That three Banditos have stolen a 'stuffed toy' from the zoovenir shop?" he tried again. "Oh yeah. Every word of it as true as there are flying pigs," said Archie, looking very certain. "But pigs can't fly!" muffled Rico. "Exactly," said Archie. "So they don't have Private?" asked Kowalski, looking very confused. "No, they have a stuffed toy!" shouted Fred angrily. "Okay, but do you know where they are?" asked Skipper for what seemed like the billionth time. "Rumour has it, their top secret lair is in Central Park, but they have another one in China Town, so try there!" said Fred cheerfully. "Okay men, and Fred! Move out!" shouted Skipper.