Chapter 2: Where's Private?

"Wake up men, move move move move!" shouted Skipper early in the morning.

"Kowalski, did you retrieve the console that I asked for?" he asked.

"Yes Sir, although I seemed to have a problem reading this humanoid instruction manual." said Kowalski, looking very confused.

"Okay, abort mission Kowalski," said Skipper, looking very annoyed with both himself, and Kowalski's lack of understanding of the human technology.

"Where's Private?" asked Kowalski." I don't know, soldier, I told him to be topsided at 06 hundred hours," said Skipper."Feesh?"asked Rico hopefully. "After training, Rico."

An hour later, Skipper, Kowalski and Rico finished their training, and were each rewarded with 6 kippers, 4 cods and 12 groopers .There was still no sign of Private. They had searched the HQ thoroughly, but still had no sign of where young Private could've gone.

"Men, I suggest that you look for young Private all over the zoo, and threaten anyone who seems suspicerous." commanded Skipper.

"Sir, excuse me for questioning you, but I'm not 100% sure that suspicerous is a word,"suggested Kowalski.

"It is,"replied Skipper egotistically.

"The council just declared it," he rebutted.

"Which council, exactly?" Kowalski asked.

"The council's council." said Skipper.

Kowalski didn't see the point of arguing anymore, so he just left it at that, and slid over to the chimp habitat.

"Mason, Phil, have you seen the Private anywhere?"asked Kowalski. Phil executed a bunch of hand signals and sign language that Kowalski didn't understand, and Mason translated, "He says that the young penguin went out into the park, and was tied up in kelp by what appeared to be Ninja lobsters." said Mason.
"How sure are you about this?" asked Kowalski.

Phil made a bunch of hand signals to confirm, although Kowalski understood, because it was a simple "thumbs up".

Kowalski understood this, because he had seen Chuck Charles on the news giving that signal. Kowalski then went back to headquarters, and waited for the other penguins.

Meanwhile, Rico was at Roy's habitat.

"Hullo, Roy, um, oo see Private?" grunted Rico.

"You should know rhinoceroses don't have very good eyesight, penguin,"replied Roy hastily.

"But,you're in luck,I saw him wander off to the Zouvenier shop,when suddenly, a cart of danishes appeared. He reached for one ,and just disappeared," said Roy.

"Um, okay, thanks!"growled Rico. He too slid off to HQ, and met Kowalski there. Neither of them said anything, because Skipper had told them that only once they all have intel, then they would share their stories.

Finally, Skipper was at Joey's habitat. He said, "Look Marsupial.We don't want any trouble."

Joey didn't look too happy to see an uninvited guest. "What do you want, Penguin?"asked Joey.

"I will bribe you, with one haystack, to tell me where my young soldier is. Private, to be exact," said Skipper slyly.

"Okay, penguin, I'll fill you in, I saw him last night, in the park following a trail of nuts. He went into a tree and didn't come back,"said Joey.

"Thanks marsupial. You'll get your bribe;the boys and I will get it over by morning tomorrow,"said Skipper. He left, and met with Kowalski and Rico back at Headquarters.