Like a Bird

Kurt POV

Swinging

Gliding

Twirling

Spinning

When I dance with my silks.

It feels like I'm flying.

Like a bird through the air.

Or a fish in the sea.

It's my passion. It's always have been. I get lost into it. I'm in a whole new world of color and I love it. I never want to stop.

I was practicing in the tent. It was around midnight. I'm always the last to practice my routine. It's easy since I can't sleep well at night anyways. Being an ariel silk dancer kinda takes up the whole tent. It doesn't have to but mine usually does.

The colors of sea green, lilac, sea foam, and cream dance along with me as the leader. Flowing through the air without a care in the world. There my wings to let me soar.

I flew around the dark tent filled with the sound of my record played playing my Wizard of Oz vinyl.

I did flips and leaps throughout the air. There were lights coming from outside shining the tiniest bit into the tent. Some would shine onto but not for long as I flew through the darkness.

I had a tattoo on my back. Everyone has a tattoo somewhere that expresses there talent. Mine is on my back. It's the same color as my eyes. it's big wings that have a swirly pattern all over them. I usually preform with a backless shirt or non at all depending the theme and such. Everyone sees my wings and they think I actually can fly.

Brittany is our tattoo artist also contortionist. She said I was like a bird and that I could have wings. So she gave me some.

I took a break around 1 or 2 I couldn't really tell though.

I chugged my water and sung quietly to somewhere over the rainbow. My favorite.

"Nice work." A voice said.

I jumped at the voice because I thought no one was here but me. I looked over and saw Blaine Anderson hiding in the shadows.

"Thank you." I said cracking my back a little before I got ready to fly again.

"I left one of my torches here I saw you practice and I couldn't keep my eyes off you." He said. I looked over at him. He had tight black pants that everyone wears the kind of when they practice. and a loose white tank top. You could see his fire tattoos along his left arm and chest. It was a warm orange and yellow that brought out his golden eyes. His dark curly hair made him look mysterious as the curls fell along his face.

"Thank you. Your fire routine was amazing today as always." I said.

Blaine Anderson is our Fire juggler. He's mysterious for the most part. No one knows his past. He's also really tough. I mean he does juggle fire. And not just with his torches. Like an actual fire ball. It's pretty amazing to watch. Also when the fire glows off him. He looks pretty hot.

"As was your performance." He said and gave a side smile.

I smiled and looked down. "I'm going to be practicing really all night long. If you'd like you can watch more but I usually don't got to bed till Mike and Brittany wake up to rehearse." I said.

"I don't mind." He said coming out from the shadow into the light sitting by my beat up pale blue record player.

I started up again. Flying ,twirling ,flipping, leaping. I felt like a bird. So free.

Hours passed and I kept working. I was in a whole new space. I even forgot Blaine was watching.

"Kurt!" Mike called walking in.

I snapped out of my reality and saw Mike and Brittany all the way down low.

"You can sleep now!" Mike called up.

"You look beautiful flying unicorn!" Brittany said.

I rolled my eyes obviously at Mike. "Thanks Britt!" I called. I unraveled from the silk fast I stopped upside down barley touching the ground. I saw Blaine who looked as if he was almost worried by me.

"Afraid of me falling?" I asked.

"It looked it. I always get scared when you do it. It was instinct I guess." He said.

I smiled and bent backwards out of the silk.

"I never fall." I said walking over to my bag packing my stuff.

"Want me to put away my silks while you guys set up?" I asked Mike and Brittany.

"No you need sleep we have a show tonight ,Kurt." Mike said.

"Are you sure I mean I can-" I tried.

"No sleep you need your rest. Your going to over work yourself." Mike said.

"I think your like a unicorn flying through the air. Or a bird I like unicorns better though." Brittany said.

I smiled at Brittany. "Thank you Britt." I sling my bag over my shoulder and got my record player by its holding piece.

"I've got it." Blaine said carrying it for me.

"It's fine Blaine really." I said.

He laughed a little. "You always want to do everything yourself don't you. It's ok to let people help." He said. I scrunched my nose up and nodded.

"Britt do you want me to feed Lord Tubbington or anything?" I asked on my way out.

"Santana has that get sleep my magical unicorn!" She called out. Lord Tubbington is our lion who is Brittany's pet. And Santana is an acrobat who is also Brittany's girlfriend.

I went out of the tent with Blaine into my turquoise one. I set my bag on the make up chair I had and look the record player from Blaine placing it on the floor of my bed. I placed a record in it that sang black bird softly. My tent was like everybody else's it had a small vanity that was blue which is my color. I also had my traveling wardrobe closer thing and the fold up bed piled with blankets and pillows

I got changed quickly into a long sleeved tee and purple pj sorts and sat on the bed singing quietly along to the song as it played. Blaine stood in the doorway of my tent watching me.

"Thank you for everything tonight." I said smiling.

"I should be thanking you. It's true what they say. You fly just like a bird. So beautiful." He said.

I felt a blush creeping up and looked down. He came closer to my bed. "Want someone to tuck you in?"

"Um uh..." I stumbled out feeling my blush getting hotter.

"Get in." He said. I laid down on the sheets and Blaine wrapped me in the big white comforter.
It all felt so nice and warm i couldn't help but close my eyes. Blaine lowered the music volume and stroked the loose hair out of my face. "Goodnight little bird." He said kissing my forehead and leaving the tent. I drifted off into the most blissful sleep I've ever had.

Blaine was 6 years older than me. It's not a lot but it's still a difference. I'm fairly new to the circus I've been apart of it for 6 months now. But in that sort time I've fallen head over heels for Blaine but up until recently where I could see him peering at me as I practiced till last night. Maybe. Just maybe. He likes me too.

A/N
Hey so yeah the description says everything u should rly know. I'm so excited for this book and I hope over people like it too!!!
Stay Strange
Mia 🦄