Chapter 15

Sirius' POV

"Come on Prongs, it's supposed to be a guys' day!" I whined in our dormitory.

James rolled his eyes at me. "She asked me if I wanted to go to Hogsmeade, you were there, and I said yes. So I'm going."

I let out a long groan. "Remus'll back me up, won't you, Moony?" I shot a look at him but he just shrugged his shoulders.

"I dunno know, Sirius. Let James be with Lily, he's waited so long," Remus said.

I sighed. "You know that you guys are my OTP right James?"

"What's an OTP?" he asked, confused.

"Oh it's like a couple that you really like together, I hear all the Muggleborns saying it," I told him. "Erm..ok."

"Good luck," Peter said to James. James smiled and so did I. It was good to see Peter more involved with us; he was pretty distant a month ago.

James walked out the door confidently and off to Lily's dorm.

James' POV

I knocked on the door of Lily's dormitory. I would admit that I was a little nervous, this would be our first official date.

The door opened to reveal Lily still in her pajamas.

"Um Lils? Are we still on for Hogsmeade?" I asked nervously. Her face was worried. Oh no. This was it. This was the moment Lily Evans would turn me down for good.

"Oh James, I'm so sorry. I have to stay in today and I completely forgot that we were planning on going today. Professor Slughorn needed help grading papers and I volunteered. I'm really very sorry."

I'm not quite sure if my pain showed on my face. I was actually quite hurt that she had forgotten a date she asked me out on. I guess I was never really good enough for her.

Nevertheless, I put on a brave face and said, "No worries. I'm sure another time will do. I've just got to to get to Slughorn and make sure he's not stealing my lady."

Lily smiled sympathetically and told me, "James, you don't always have to hide your feelings from me. I'm sorry I couldn't make it today, truly." To which I replied with, "I'm fine Lils, I promise." And I walked across the hall and back to my own dormitory.

When I entered, Sirius frowned at me while Remus and Peter had confused expressions.

"I don't understand...." Peter began. "What happened? It's only been about three minutes."

I sighed and ran my hand through my black hair. "Slughorn gave her some papers to grade, and she completely forgot she had asked me out."

Sirius' frown deepened. "Aw come on Prongs, don't get all sad. That kind of stuff comes with her being the teacher's pet. Slughorn couldn't find anyone else desperate enough to prove themselves.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Remus making extreme movements with his hand across his throat. In another moment, I almost missed the flash of dark red hair flying past the door.

"Sirius!" Remus yelled. "What?!" Sirius yelled back.

I put my head in my hands. "Oh sweet Merlin, please tell me that that wasn't Lily."

Remus nodded slowly and Peter just sat there, shocked. "She heard what Sirius said," he remarked.

"Padfoot, you idiot! You need to learn not to run your damn mouth!" Remus yelled again.

"Oh so now you're mad at me? How was I supposed to know she was right there, huh? Bloody hell, not all of us can be as smart and stuck up as you, Remus!" Sirius yelled back. Soon after he clamped his hand over his mouth when he realized what he had said.

Remus briskly stood up and announced, "I'm going to find Lily," and left our dormitory.

Sirius followed my state of mind and also put his head in his hands, while Peter rubbed his forehead.

To say it in the simplest words, Sirius had messed up.

A/N Hi I'm back!!! Sorry I haven't posted in a while but it took me a long time to figure out what I wanted to write for this chapter. I really hope you guys liked it, so  it would mean a lot if you would please leave a comment. :)