Chapter 7

After their "moment", James and Lily walked their separate ways. When James got to his dormitory, he slammed open the door and yelled "SIRIUS I'M IN BUSINESS!" so loudly that Peter fell off his bed. Oh and there was also Frank, who, after six years of living in the dormitory with the four friends, had gotten quite used to their shenanigans, even if he didn't really always know what was going on.

Sirius, however, smirked widely and patted James on the back. "It's about bloody time Evans!" he shouted into the hall. Lily, who was in her room (and quite frankly heard Sirius' announcement), smiled to herself while reliving the moments with Alice and her other friend, Marlene, while their two other roommates kept pillows over their ears.

"Lily oh my god!!! That's so amazing!" Marlene exclaimed. Lily grinned enormously while Alice squealed, "Oh Lils, I'm so happy you finally get to understand true love! Now I can talk about Frank with you and you'll understand."

Lily chuckled. "Alice, I've dated other people before. And besides, it was one kiss, I wouldn't call it 'true love'."

"Lily stop being so cynical! You and James are going to be a power couple, I know it!" Marlene shouted. Groans from the fourth and fifth beds in the dorm erupted, which made Lily, Marlene, and Alice burst out laughing. 

"Shut it you three! We have classes and quite frankly you sound like dying seals that are on fire," Elaine Caldwell snarled from her bed. You could call her the Gryffindor Mean Girl and it always seemed like she had a stick up her arse.

"Sorry Elaine," Lily whispered, as she and her friends began to doze off.

Meanwhile in the boys' dormitory...

Sirius had cracked opened five bottles of butter beer to celebrate the occasion. Frank, as left out as he sometimes felt, was a part of them, and they decided to include him in their celebration. But Frank didn't know everything....For instance the fact that Peter, James, and Sirius were Animagi and they'd learned to transform so Remus wouldn't feel like an outsider, being a werewolf and all.

When Frank went to use the loo, Remus whisper-shouted to James, "Hey, I think we should tell Lily everything. You know, better hear it from us than anyone else."

To his surprise, James agreed. "I'm all in, but this is your call. I'll do it if you're ready to tell her you're a werewolf." All eyes turned to Remus. He gulped and nodded.

By the time Frank came back, it was one in the morning, and the Marauders persuaded him that they should all go to sleep, although that wasn't their plan at all. After a few minutes, they began to hear Frank's snores, and walked out into the hallway. James knocked on the sixth year girls' door and waited. To their surprise, Lily actually opened the door.

"James?" she asked, rubbing her eyes. "What are you doing?"

James softly grabbed her wrist, very much unlike how Snivellus forcefully grabbed it on the train earlier. "Lils, we need to talk to you. All four of us," he said.

Lily looked behind James to see Sirius grinning madly with his thumbs up, Remus, who was nervously scratching himself, and a very bored looking Peter.

"Um alright." She followed the boys down to the common room and sat across from them on the couch. "What's going on with all of you?"

Remus went first. "Lily I'm about to tell you something, please don't freak out." He waited for her to nod before he continued. "I'm...I'm a werewolf."

For a second, Lily's expression was blank. Then, she burst out laughing. "Oh good one Remus! That had me going for a moment!" Lily looked around and saw the puzzled faces looking at her. "Oh crap you're serious," she concluded.

Remus nodded and James went next. "So we didn't want Remus to feel alone. Sirius, Peter, and I learned how to become Animagi. And before you say it, I know it's illegal, but please we did it for the right reasons."

On the contrary, Lily was quite impressed. Not many wizards could become Animagi, not even the more experienced ones. And the fact that the three of them risked everything so their friend wouldn't feel like a monster meant everything to her. But suddenly, a thought came to her mind.

"So that's why you guys wouldn't open your mouths for a month in third year! Because you had to keep a mandrake leaf in there since it's part of the process," Lily chuckled.

Everyone burst out laughing. "Seriously Evans? That's what you got from our confessions?" Sirius questioned jokingly.

Remus sighed. "Thanks for understanding," he said, smiling weakly.

Lily put her arm around Remus. "Not to worry Moony."

The Marauders just stared with open mouths at Lily. "Oh wondering how I knew that, are you? Well I've heard you guys talk to each other, so after piecing together the information, I know who you all are. But don't worry, I won't call you by your nicknames anymore," Lily said slyly.

James chuckled heartily. Lily's brow furrowed once more. "But what about Frank? Does he know? I mean he ought to, he's been living with you for six years!"

"No he doesn't, we hide it pretty well. That is, except from you, apparently," James replied.

"I'm glad you all told me," Lily smiled. "Group hug." The five of them huddled with smiles on their faces.

A few weeks later...

"Remus, how are you holding up?" Lily softly asked. She was currently wrapped in her Gryffindor scarf, sitting by the Black Lake with one of her best friends.

Remus didn't respond. "Rem?" She asked again, looking at him. Remus' expression was very complex, like he was trying to figure something out. "What's wrong Remus? Talk to me."

"Lily if I tell you something, you have to promise not to tell anyone," Remus started. Lily nodded. That was easy. She had already kept their other secret, so she was sure she could keep this one too, but she had to hear what Remus had to say. "You can't tell a soul, not even James or Sirius or Peter. Please," Remus pleaded. Now Lily was confused. What did Remus have to tell Lily that he couldn't tell his three best friends. "I promise Remus."

Remus's face was ice cold, but his soft tears broke the ice. "Lily.....I think I'm bisexual."