Chapter 4

Remus woke up to the sight of six frantic faces looking at him. He rubbed his eyes and said, "Uhh what happened?"

"Remus are you alright? You were panicking and then you fainted," Lily asked sweetly.

He remembered. He had been thinking about when he was 5 years old, a little less than a year after he became a werewolf. It was the night of a full moon.

Flashback

"Mum I'm scared," a little boy whimpered. A middle aged woman stroked his head.

"Shh Remus," she soothed, "everything will be alright, you'll see."

Remus ran outside just as the full moon revealed itself. A pain shot through his body and his clothes ripped. Before he knew it, he'd become a monster.

Remus couldn't control himself. He knew what he was doing, he just didn't know how to stop it. His mind screamed as he started towards his mother with a hungry look. Seconds later, her ripped body lay in front of him.

After a few minutes, the wolf turned back into a boy. Almost instantly, Remus began sobbing, which attracted his father's attention.

"Remus, how could you?!" he yelled.

"I'm s-sorry I didn't mean to!" the boy cried out.

A firm hand hit his face and his cheek began to sting. Remus cried harder.

"Don't you ever tell anyone about this, understand? Or it won't be so good for you," his father threatened.

End of Flashback

"Remus?" James asked, shaking his friend. Apparently Remus had sort of zoned out. He blinked a couple times and looked at James, who breathed a sigh of relief.

"Oh good we'd thought we lost you there," he chuckled lightly. Remus weakly smiled but zoned out again.

James politely asked Lily, Alice, and Frank to leave so he, Peter, and Sirius could try to help Remus. Lily was touched by James' affection for his friend and obeyed.

"Moony you've got to tell us what's going on," James sighed once the trio had left the compartment.

Remus just shook his head. He just couldn't talk about it. Sirius sat next to him and took hold of his shoulder. He understood what Remus was going through, because he'd gone through it too. Hell, he still was going through it, he was just better at hiding it.

When Sirius grabbed his shoulder, Remus lightened. He knew his friend didn't easily display his emotions, but Remus could tell what was going on inside his head. He broke into soft sobs and whispered only one word before being engulfed in more tears.

"Mum."

A/N No you haven't fallen into an alternate universe, I actually updated quicker this time, haha. Anyway hoped you guys liked this chapter but I'm going to try not to spend too much time on this section in the story (Remus' backstory).