Chapter 3

After the boys got their supplies, they flooed back to James' house. After a few hours, they settled in to bed. However it took a few groans from Remus to shut up James and Sirius' constant snickering.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day, Mr. and Mrs. Potter took the four boys to King's Cross Station by Side-Apparation. The group of six passed through the platform and found themselves on the other side.

"Hey James," Sirius said, nudging James' arm, "Get a look at Evans over there."

James blushed, but quickly covered it up by shouting, "Hey Evans!"

A head of bright red hair whipped around. Lily Evans scowled and said, "What is it Potter?!"

James smirked and replied, "Looking good!"

"James!" Mrs. Potter exclaimed, swatting at his arm. But secretly, Lily contained a smile. She thought James was growing up quite nicely. She would never tell him that though.

Sirius, James, and Peter snickered, while Remus looked apologetically at Lily. "James, treat her with some respect."

Sirius stopped laughing to say, "Got a crush, have you Moony?" Remus' face turned a deep shade of red. He didn't like Lily, but Sirius could never know who he did like, which went for James and Peter as well. They'd think he was too different, as if being a werewolf wasn't enough.

Peter piped up. "Come on you two, stop messing with him." The three other boys were shocked. Peter rarely got involved in conflict. Perhaps he too was maturing.

James put his hands up in defense and Sirius laughed. But his laughter died when he caught sight of the people he'd been trying to avoid.

His family.

Sirius and Regulus locked eyes. Regulus' hair was disheveled, much different than his usual tidy style. His eyes gave off the message that he hadn't been sleeping, and Sirius felt ashamed, thinking it was probably his fault. As if facing his brother wasn't bad enough, Sirius was faced with his mother, who looked quite cruel at the moment.

James, Remus, and Peter tried to move in front of Sirius to protect him, but Mrs. Potter beat them to it. "Hello Walburga," she drawled out.

Mrs. Black smirked. "Watch your tongue Potter, or you'll find yourself in a very...uncomfortable situation."

Mrs. Potter turned around and guided the boys to the train. "Now be good! And James I don't want any more letters telling me you've blown up a bathroom!"

"Haven't done that one yet, but Sirius and I will be sure to message you once we do!" He called after his mother.

Mrs. Potter seemed very annoyed while Mr. Potter chuckled lightly and waved off the boys.

The quartet found an empty compartment and set down their things. Minutes later, two girls and a boy walked in. It was Lily, and her friend Alice, who had also brought her boyfriend, Frank Longbottom. James couldn't contain his excitement. "Evans, how nice of you to join us!"

"You know I have a first name? Have you ever bothered to use it?" Lily said, crossing her arms.

"Well I'm trying to use your surname as much as I can, because one day you'll be Mrs. James Potter," James said giddily.

Lily rolled her eyes and sat across from James, Sirius sat next to Frank who sat next to Alice, who sat across from Peter and Remus, who sat next to James.

Remus brought his knees up to his chest because he wasn't very comfortable. Lily and Alice talked quietly, so did Sirius, James, and Frank, and Peter drew in a sketchbook. All activity stopped when a dark figure walked by and stopped in front of their closed compartment door.

Severus Snape, or how James and Sirius liked to call him, Snivellus.

Lily's face went ghostly pale while Alice held her arm tightly. Severus' gaze was fixed directly on her.

James stood up and opened the door. "Go away Snivellus," he scowled.

Severus frowned in return and grabbed Lily's wrist. "Please Lily I need to talk to you," he pleaded.

Lily struggled against his grip. She hadn't forgiven him for what he'd said to her. Mudblood. She hated that word. "Let go Severus."

But he wouldn't. James forced him back. "What is wrong with you? Why do you keep pestering her?"

Severus actually looked offended. "Me? You're the bully!" he shouted then ran off.

A/N sorry that's just sort of how I justify all of Snape's actions. if you approve of Snape then I'm sorry but I don't see how you could.

Lily rubbed her wrist and Alice pulled out her wand to mend the bruises. James furiously sat down next to Remus. But it seemed that only Sirius realized that Remus was having a full-blown panic attack.

"Remus! Peter get help!" he yelled. Peter slowly sauntered over to the door. "Faster Wormtail!"

Meanwhile Remus was rapidly shivering and covering his ears with his hands. "I'm sorry please I didn't mean to!" He kept yelling out. Then, he fainted.

A/N I'm sorry for anyone who gets panic attacks and if this offends you. I don't really know what a panic attack is like and I'm not purposefully offending you.
Anywho, I hope you liked this chapter!!!!