Best for Last

Come on Amber sing one more song." Mark gave her his best puppy eyes.

"Okay, just one more" Amber laughed, she couldn't resist when Mark looked at her like that.

Derek looked at his best friend, he would give her the puppy dog look. He wanted them to all leave, so he could be with Amber by himself. Sighing he leaned against the wall, she was so beautiful and he adored her. He was pretty sure everyone knew it, hell he never tried to hide it. He smirked when he thought of all their rehearsal packages, they were focused on Amber's knees because the other filming of them the producers thought was just too personal. They had told him he needed to tone it down when it came to Amber but he had no plans on toning shit down. He wanted her and he was going to get her.

"What do you guys want to hear? Remember I don't know every song." Amber giggled as different titles were yelled out.

Things with Nina didn't work out, not for the reason they told everyone but because of the petite beauty sitting on the stool in front of him. He knew they were doomed the minute they told him Amber was his dance partner. He always admired her, even had a secret crush on her, but he never had the chance to meet her. After being around Amber for four weeks he knew he had to break things off with Nina. So after six weeks of being in a relationship he broke up with Nina, telling her the truth.

The funny thing was she already knew. How he didn't know nor cared but he made sure to let her know there was no relationship with Amber...yet.

Amber was funny, warm, dorky, loyal and loved her family. She was everything he wanted in a woman. His feeling deepened and he needed to let her know. He only hoped that she felt the same way.

The break-up was two weeks ago and he was ready to make his move if only all the cock-blockers would get out of the room.

Elizabeth poked Emma in the side and nodded toward Derek who was staring at Amber. Emma giggled, "I know the perfect song." She whispered to Elizabeth. Telling her the song Elizabeth agreed, that song was perfect.

"How about 'Saved the Best for Last' by Vanessa Williams? I just love that song and I know you would sound beautiful." Emma yelled out.

Elizabeth quickly agreed with her, poking Karina as she pointed at Derek. Karina giggled as she added her voice to theirs for the song.

Mark looked at the three women and noticed they were looking between Derek and Amber with matching grins on their faces. He smelled a set-up and he was all for it. He was tired of all the eye-fucking that Derek and Amber were doing.

"Okay, okay! You're lucky I know that song." Thinking about the lyrics to the song she bit her lip shooting a quick look at Derek. She remembered him talking about Nina to her and how bad things were going. At times she wanted to scream at him, what about me? I'm here for you! She really liked the blue-eyed blond and her feelings had only increased as time passed. She put on a performance every day in front of him so what was one more? She could sing this song.

Jack had his laptop and found the music for it. Hooking the speakers to it he explained he wanted the true concert experience. As the music started Derek moved until he was standing in front of her slightly to one side.

Amber looked nervously at Derek, why was he staring at her so intensely? Clearing her throat she waited for her cue and began to sing, locking eyes with Derek.

Sometimes the snow comes down in June

Sometimes the sun goes 'round the moon

I see the passion in your eyes

Sometimes it's all a big surprise

'Cause there was a time when all I did was wish