Surprise

He didn't call.

He didn't text.

He didn't visit.

It had been weeks since she last saw him, and she tried to convince herself that she didn't care, but that was a total lie, because she did care; she cared too much, and she hated herself for feeling dependent on a person who obviously didn't want her as much as she wanted him. Amber had never felt so strongly about anyone in her entire life, and she was beginning to regret saying that yes to dancing with the stars. Her heart was freaking her out. She should have seen it coming though; after all those touches, dances and midnight rehearsals feelings were ought to develop. Now he was gone, and she was left alone with her pain. She had contemplated calling him many times, but every time she would stop herself from picking up the phone and dialing his number. She didn't want to come across as nosy or needy; she didn't want to bother him despite her burning desire to hear his soft voice and see his beautiful face. It hurt realizing that he probably didn't feel the same way, that he was out there living his life; he had already forgotten about her.

"Amber," She could hear someone calling her name, but she was too lost deep in her thoughts.

"Amber?" The same familiar voice repeated again.

"Amber!"

She finally recognized the voice. It was Dianna's. They were on the glee set filming the 100th episode, and she had a scene with the blonde girl. That was probably why she was calling her. Amber slowly lifted her head to meet her friend's eyes.

"I'm sorry, I didn't hear you." Amber apologized, faking a smile, "So when are we gonna do the scene?"

"In, like, ten minutes or so." Dianna informed, looking at her suspiciously. Amber knew miss Agron could read her like an open book, and it was mostly a good thing except when she wouldn't feel like talking about what was bothering her, like today for example. She shifted in her chair uncomfortably before coughing.

"You're gonna tell me everything later, but now there is something else you need to take care of before we shoot." Dianna said, eyeing amber sharply with her gaze.

"What's that?" Amber was confused.

"Well, someone just told me you have a visitor." Dianna told her smirking.

"Who?" Amber stood up, her heart suddenly beating too fast. Deep down she was praying that the secret visitor would be the only person she wanted to see, but she didn't want to have high expectations.

"Well, you have to find out for yourself. The guest is waiting in your dressing room." Dianna grinned before walking away.

Amber hesitated for a moment, she felt nervous to face whoever was waiting for her. Eventually she had to take a deep breath, gather up some courage and just walk to her dressing room. The trip through the set's corridors never seemed so long before. With ever step she took, her mind raced even more crazily, her heart beat more fast, and she got even more anxious and terrified. She had no idea why she was over reacting. It could be anyone, a friend or a family member. So why did she feel so scared? When Amber finally arrived at the wide open door, she was about to change her mind and run away, because she saw him. She saw Derek Hough. He was in the middle of the room, just standing there, texting someone. He didn't notice her presence. Escaping could be so easy, but then she remembered her life mantra; she always did what scared her the most, and facing Derek was no difference. She had to do it.

"Hi," she had no idea how she found her voice.

Derek suddenly looked up. The biggest smile took over his face once his eyes met hers, but she didn't smile back. She had to resist him. After all, he completely ditched her and now he was back acting like nothing had happened at all. His face suddenly changed to sad instead of happy. Amber could tell he knew exactly why she was being cold with him.

"How are you?" He asked, his tone weak and defeated. She almost cracked and rushed to hug him, but she didn't.

"I'm great." She casually replied.

"Well, you look great too." He bit his bottom lip and her heart completely melted, but she had to keep calm.

"I know I do." She confirmed sassily.

He sighed, approaching her quickly.

"Hey, look, I'm sorry, okay? I was such a jerk for ignoring your existence and I deserve all of this, but please hear me out?" His eyes were literally begging. It made her feel guilty for causing him this much pain, but he had caused her bigger pain. It was karma. He had to pay even though she hated seeing him suffer.

"Whatever." She said, avoiding his gaze.

"I just...I got scared." He said, eyeing the floor.

"Scared of what?!" Amber couldn't understand.

"Of you!" He blurted out.

"What?!" Amber raised her eyebrows, "so I'm a freaking monster now?!" She said loudly. She was beginning to get angry with him.

"No! No! No! That was not what I meant I swear!" Derek jumped comically, "goddamn it, Amber! You're just so fucking intimidating! You're so beautiful and so fierce and it is hard having a crush on you! Here ! I said it!" He shouted.

Amber couldn't believe her ears. Did he just say that?! She could feel her knees go weak and her throat dry as her heart was beginning to spring inside her ribcage. She could barely breathe.

"It's so fucking hard," he whispered, running his fingers through his hair, "But so fucking worth it."

Amber had no words to speak. She still couldn't believe that he felt the same way about her. She had spent so much time convincing herself that falling for Derek was useless, that he would never see her as anything but a friend, yet there he was confessing his feelings.

"Are you not gonna say anything?" His voice carried so much fear and anxiety.

Amber just stared at him.

"Shit..Shit...Shit..."He started pacing up and down like a manic, "I'm sorry, okay? I shouldn't have said anything. Forget it."

He was about to walk out the door. Amber knew that was her only chance to get the man she wanted. Now or never.

"Wait!" She finally talked.

Derek froze on his track, turning around to look at her with hopeful eyes. Amber slowly walked up to him. She didn't know how she was able to do it, but out of nowhere she grabbed him and locked their mouths together, kissing her anger away. Derek was taken by surprise, but in no time he caught up and was kissing her back.

They both forgot about time and place, their minds only occupied with one thought: sucking the life out of each other. It was not just a kiss, but rather the built up of lust, love and passion which they'd had for each other and never dared to show before.

Amber was the first one to pull away because she needed to breathe.

"So this just happened." She panted, looking into his eyes. She was the happiest girl alive.

"I know, right." Derek grinned, breathing in deeply. "Will you go out with me?"

Amber only giggled giving him a nod. He was acting like a fifteen years old.

"Tonight?"

She nodded again before her phone buzzed in her pocket reminding her that she had a job to keep.

"I'm so sorry we have to shoot something now." She wanted nothing more than running away with him, but she knew she had to be responsible.

"It's alright. Call me when you're done." He kissed her hand causing her to shake her head and laugh. He was being too cheesy.

"Okay, Prince Charming. I'll see you then."

With that she left him behind.

That was one hell of a surprise.