11. LA Baby

-Alyssa Moore-

"Alright, Alyssa. Just remember to be good. I love you." Mom said and kissed the top of my head as we waited for the car to arrive.

"No, mom. I'm going to completely trash the house, boss the people around, scream at the top of my lungs when people try to sleep, and break the water faucet." I said sarcastically.

"Whatever, smarty pants. Your ride is here, and I have to go. Remember your manners." Mom said and quickly walked away after the car pulled up and the passenger door opened.

"Wow." I whispered to myself when I saw the guy standing there.

This guy was absolutely gorgeous. He was tall and had brown hair and perfect skin, and his smile was wonderful. However, I couldn't see his eyes through his sunglasses. I bet his eyes are amazing too.

I almost feel bad about thinking about this guy in this way, considering that Hayes and I might possibly be a thing. I don't even know. Things are really complicated between us.

"Hey, you're Alyssa, right?"

Whoa. The voice of an angel. I can only imagine what he would sound like if he were to sing. I could just melt.

"Yep. That's me." I replied, shaking a bit.

"You're prettier than my mom said. I'm Shawn."

Did he just call me pretty? Holy crap. WAIT. Pause. Why am I feeling this way about this guy. We just freaking met. Besides, I also feel this way about Hayes. Well.. This'll surely complicate things.

"Nice to meet you, Shawn." I said with a small smile.

-later on, at the Mendes house-

"You need anything, Lys?" Shawn said to me and I blushed a bit.

Hayes always calls me Lys. In fact, as I recall, Hayes was the only one to ever call me Lys. That is- until now.

"Um, no. I think I'm fine. Thanks anyway." I said and sat on the couch.

"Let me know if you need anything. Okay?" He said and I nodded.

"Okay." I replied.

"Oh, hey, Alyssa?" Shawn said and I looked at him.

"Yeah?" I said.

"Mom wanted me to let you know that dinner will be ready pretty soon, if you're hungry." He said and I shook my head a bit.

"Thanks anyway, but I think I'll just rest." I said with a smile.

"Okay. If you want to watch tv, the remotes right here. Watch whatever you want." Shawn said as he placed the tv remote in my hand.

"Thank you." I replied and turned on the tv. Shawn smiled a bit before leaving the room. After a while of watching tv, I must've fallen asleep, because I don't remember much after a couple of episodes of Pretty Little Liars.

"Hey, Lys." I heard a hushed voice say.

"Hm?" I replied and rolled over a bit, nearly rolling off the couch.

"Whoa, watch it."

It was Shawn.

"Hm?" I repeated as he made sure I didn't fall off.

"I didn't mean to bother you, but mom wanted you to eat, so I brought you some food." Shawn said and I slowly opened my eyes.

"Thank you." I said and sat up before taking the plate of food.

"You're welcome. By the way, mom also said she didn't want you to nap too long, since you probably won't be able to sleep tonight if you do." Shawn said and I sighed as I took a bite of food.

"Oh. Alright." I said and he smiled at me before heading toward the door, but I stopped him. "Wait, Shawn." I called out.

"Yeah?" He said.

"You told me to let you know if I needed anything, right?" I said and he nodded his head.

"Yep."

"Well, if you expect me to stay awake, you're going to have to somehow keep me awake." I said and he came back into the room.

"We could watch a movie together, if you want." Shawn said and I shrugged my shoulder.

"Sure, I guess." I replied.

That was actually pretty much a thing that was just for me and Hayes- watching movies for an extended amount of time, and talking about the movie when it ends. But, it shouldn't be that bad to watch movies with someone else.