Chapter 13

Dan thought that tracking the dagger might have been a challenge, but his father was able to use the magic he had absorbed from the other dagger to track the location. She had it hidden deep in the forest.

"I dont know how I feel about you coming along Dan.." Phil sighed, "It's not safe."

"I'm not a child Phil, I told you I'm coming along and no one can stop me." Dan said calmly.

"You're really stubborn you know that?"

"And that's why you love me." Dan smiled pecking his lips. Phil rolled his eyes but couldn't help but smile at his boyfriend, he never really had someone who cared about him so much, who loved him although he was a vampire, who was willing to do anything to help him.

"Okay so it's simple after this, I deactivate the dagger and then those hunters are no longer a threat to you." Dan's father explained, "But I make no promises on my ex-wife, she will try to figure something out.."

"Phil, you can make people forget things right?" Dan asked, "why don't you just do that to my mother?"

"Yes but remember what I said about vervain?" Phil reminded him, "I could smell it on your mother's necklace, we need to get rid of that first and then I can compel her to forget."

"Colin and I will do that." Colin nodded in agreement.

They all decided that it were best if Nina stayed home and out of this one for her and the baby's safety. They wanted this to be a smooth in and out mission, get the dagger, deactivate it and then get out. Phil took Dan's hand and squeezed it gently, Dan looked up at him and smiled assuring him that he is still up for it and it'll be okay.

It did not take too long to find where it was hidden, there was a staircase leading to it.

"Stay close to me okay? I can hear voices down there." Phil said. Dan nodded grabbing Phil's arm following Colin and his father.

It was a dark place, Dan turned his flashlight on shining it around, it looked like an old dungeon, it was abandoned, the walls were cracked and dusty.

"Who's there?!" A voice said from a distance, a tall man with brown hair appeared holding a weapon pointing it towards the men. "Daniel? What the fuck are you doing here? And Colin?!"

"Ah, Jared. Good to see you." Colin said calmly, "We were just here to get the dagger."

"Why the fuck do you need the dagger? And why are you here with Howell?"

"Well you see, Dan's boyfriend here is a vampire and the dagger is a threat to him." He said, "And you're probably wondering why I'm telling you this well it's because you're going to forget all this in just a moment."

Colin looked back at Phil and nodded giving him a signal, before Dan knew it Phil was next to Jared, he grabbed the weapon tossing it away and grabbed his face looking into his eyes.

"You're going to forget any of this happen, you're going to forget about your hunter days and you are going to go home right now." Phil said without breaking eye contact. Jared didn't say another word, instead he quietly walked past them and left. Dan sighed in relief.

They continued walking until Dan's father stopped suddenly placing his hand on the brick walls.

"What's wrong Dad?" Dan asked.

"The dagger is behind this brick," He said removing the brick and pulling out a box. "Okay I will just-"

He was cut off by Phil pulling him away quickly. There was a wooden arrow where he stood before and Dan's mother standing holding another one.

"What the fuck Mom?!" Dan shouted.

"What do you think you're doing?!" She asked angrily.

"Making sure that you can't hurt my boyfriend." Dan said simply, "Dad do the spell now!"

"Oh no you-" She was cut off by Colin grabbing her arm and twisting it back.

"I'm sorry but we can't let you mess this up." Colin said ripping her necklace off, "Phil now."

Within seconds, Phil was in front of her grabbing her shoulder looking into her eyes.

"You're going to forget all of this, you're going to forget about what I am and about your hunter life. You are going to leave this place this instant and go home. If anyone asks you are done with all of this." She did the same as Jared, she didnt say a word and just left. He looked over at Dan and nodded assuring him it had worked.

***

"That wasn't so bad." Dan said cuddling up to Phil.

"Hmm, it's over now. Thanks to your father and friends." Phil smiled kissing the top of his head.

"But Phil, there are more hunters out there that knew my mother, they'll be suspicious.." Dan reminded him.

"We will deal with that if anything happens I promise." Phil said kissing him softly, "But for now let's just focus on us, lets focus on now."

"You know I love you so much right?"

"I know babe." Phil smiled, "I love you too."

A/N: So like we really wanted to end this because we were running out of ideas so thats it! Thank you to everyone who read our fic, check out our other ones too