Chapter 7

A/N: Sorry for the late update! Was so busy the last few days.

.
.
.

With everything going on, finding out what his boyfriend really was, what his father was and what his mother did Dan was still a student, he still had to attend classes and do his work. His father obviously knew what Phil was and he was allowing Dan to resume his relationship with him so the least Dan could do was stay focused in his studies and make his father happy.

"Hey," Phil said slipping into the seat next to Dan's in the library, "Still studying?"

"Hmm." Dan sighed, he smiled when Phil leaned in to kiss the corner of his mouth, "I have other classes besides yours and well my Professors are not taking it easy on me at all, they already think that I get special treatment in your class because we're dating."

"Hey I treat you the same as every other one of my students." Phil protested.

"You're not sleeping with your other students you idiot." Dan laughed gently elbowing Phil in the ribs. Phil pouted pretending that had hurt him.

"I mean I'm fair when it comes to assignments and stuff." Phil said leaning in to kiss Dan's lips softly, Dan smiled and kissed back more passionately. They pulled away, and noticed some students staring their way.

"Take a picture it lasts longer." Dan muttered making Phil laugh and the students looked away. The two were still the talk of the University, everyone wondered how Dan the shy boy who only talked to one other person got the new professor to fall for him. No one dared to say anything to their faces because of Dan's father.

"So, have you talked to your father ever since I told you everything?" Phil asked, Dan looked down and shook his head. "You really should talk to him Dan, it has been 4 days since I told you and I know your father would want to talk to you."

"Okay, I'll go speak to him now.." Dan sighed shutting his laptop. He kissed Phil once more, "I have an assignment I need to finish up later so you can come by my apartment and stay the night if you want."

"I'd love to, I'll see you then."

Dan was a little nervous about talking to his father, they never really talked so much. There was a period of time when the two were really close, his mother's job was more important to her then her family so she had left them. His father raised Dan by himself, when Dan was younger they were close, he didn't remember much but he remembered how his father would always play with him, even in high school they had a good father and son relationship but one day it just changed. They didn't have a bad relationship but his father just got really strict and had Dan focus more on his studies rather than letting him have fun, he understood that his father wanted him to be successful but he also wanted to be a normal teenager and have fun. So that could be the reason why he has been accepting of Dan's relationship with a vampire, to make up for the last couple of years. Dan knocked on his father door and waited for a response and then went inside. "Hey Dad.. Can we talk?"

His father looked up from his laptop shutting it, he took his glasses off and gestured towards the chair in front of his desk, "Of course."

"So, a few days ago Phil told me everything.." Dan started, "About himself, about Mom and about you.."

"I know.." His father said simply.

"Why didn't you and Mom ever tell me? Didn't it ever occur to you both that maybe I deserve to know these things about my parents, my family?"

"Daniel, its more complicated than it seems," his father started, "I wanted to tell you but I just didn't know how. And your mother, she planned on telling you eventually when you're a little older she expects you to be like her but I didn't want that for you."

"Dad, I'm nothing like Mom." Dan reminded him, "You could've told me."

"Then you would've tried changing your mothers mind and try to make her see things differently and she would've been suspicious and she's smarter than she looks Daniel she would've found her way to Phil."

"So you're okay with Phil? You know being a vampire and all?"

"As there are good people in the world and also bad people same goes for Vampires. Just because some of them are murderous doesn't make all of them bad, there are good vampires who should be protected and Phil is one of them." Hearing that made Dan smile.

"So about you, he says you can use magic?"

"I can, but I haven't in years." His father admitted, "I haven't felt the need to practice it, after your mother left I was just so focused on you."

"Well I'm not a baby anymore so you should practice." Dan suggested.

"I'll consider it," his father smiled warmly. "So how are things with you and Phil? You are being careful right?"

"You mean having safe sex?" Dan asked a little too casually, "Well yeah I mean I don't think vampires carry diseases but yeah we're being careful."

"I meant are you being careful with your relationship is he good to you.." His dad said awkwardly, Dan could feel his cheeks burn up his father looked like he was holding back his laughter. "But that's um good to know."

"Crap, sorry yes he's really good to me." Dan said quickly, his father laughed at his awkwardness.

"Who's really good to you?" A voice said from behind Dan, they looked back to see his mother standing by the office door.

"Oh, um.. My boyfriend.." Dan said awkwardly.

"Boyfriend? When did that happen?" She asked confused.

"The day I dropped you off the airport."

"Is there anything you need Emma?" His father asked, he was obviously not too happy with her showing up unannounced when he was after so long having a proper conversation with his son.

"Yes, we need to talk." She said looking at him.

Dan got up and picked up his bag, "I have an assignment I need to finish so I'll see you later Dad."

His father smiled and nodded and watched Dan leave the room. It was almost unbelievable for him that he wasn't a child anymore, he was growing up becoming an adult and now he knew a lot about his family history. He just wished his mothers side wasn't a problem.

***

"So how was the talk with your father?" Dan finished his assignment before Phil came over to his place, they both were cuddled close together on Dan's bed with their legs tangled together.

"It went really well, until my Mom showed up and then I left." He sighed burying his face in Phil's neck.

"What did your mother have to say?"

"I don't know, she needed to talk to my dad." Dan shrugged, "And she's curious to know who my boyfriend is."

"I don't think I'd have your mothers blessings if she knew" Phil laughed softly, "But your father is a great man, he cares about you a lot. He even has a protection spell on you."

"How do you know that?"

"I can't read your mind that's why." Phil smiled, "But that's fine with me, its fair that way."

"I'm really glad that you told me the truth Phil," Dan whispered "It makes me happy to know that you trust me enough to tell me this."

Phil smiled, he dipped his head down and connected their lips for a sweet love filled kiss. Dan let his hands wander up and ran them through Phil's hair. Phil kept a tight hold onto Dan and held him close not breaking the kiss. These moments were their favorite, innocent love filled kisses and cuddling it made them feel so connected and close, Phil felt warm inside, he felt happy. In his entire life he never had a serious relationship, all he had were one night stands with humans or vampires. He never allowed himself to catch feelings for anyone but it was clear that he was in fact in love with this human.