Chapter 1

A/N: So we really wanted to write a vampire fic for a while and now we finally have a great idea for it! Enjoy :)

A fresh start was what Phil needed, a fresh start where he didn't have to look back on his past or even remember it. A start where he would just move onwards, just him, no one else distracting him, no one stopping him or asking him about his past life. All he wants is a fresh start and that's what he will get.

Dan was a normal twenty year old, he didn't have much of a social life but people liked him. His father, who was the head of the University was the reason behind him not having much of a social life. His best friend, Nina, was the only friend he had and the only person who wasn't scared off by his father.

"Daniel!" He heard his father call after him, Dan groaned thinking how this could be the worst possible way to start his day. "Why aren't you in class?"

"Class doesn't start for another twenty minutes Dad.." Dan sighed turning around. His attention was caught by a tall man standing behind his father, he was pale, blue eyes and dark hair. Dan felt himself lost for words, he had never seen someone so perfect before.

"Right, well this is Philip Lester, he's the new English professor." His dad introduced him, he stuck his hand out for Dan to shake. "Philip, this is my son Daniel, he'll escort you to your lecture room as he has that class."

Dan rolled his eyes at the fact that his father had memorized his timetable but smiled politely at the new professor and led the way. Dan couldn't help but admire how gorgeous and young he was, "You seem too young to be a University professor."

"I get that a lot." Phil answered back plainly.

"You don't look any older than 29, if you don't mind me saying." Dan said trying his best to start a conversation. So far all he was getting was that Phil was very mysterious.

"Are you one of those people? Who try desperately hard to get to know me?" Phil asked looking at Dan.

"You're the new professor, its normal for a student to want to know about whoever is going to be teaching them." said Dan defensively.

"It's best that no one knows too much about me Daniel."

Dan sighed, but he was not about to give in so soon. He wanted to know more about him. "Alright so this is the lecture room, class with start soon."

Phil nodded towards Dan and thanked him, he watched the younger boy take his seat. Soon the entire room was full of students, Phil could hear them whispering and asking each other who the man standing in front of them was.

"Is that the new professor?" Nina asked Dan as she took her seat next to him.

"Yeah, that's Mr. Lester" Dan responded.

"He's really attractive and young to be a professor." Nina said looking over at Phil.

"He's also quite mysterious, I tried talking to him but he just said that it's best that no one knows too much about him." Dan sighed.

"If I didn't know any better, I'd say Dan has a crush on the new professor." Nina winked and nudged Dan with her elbow, "Now what would your Dad have to say about that?"

"Let's not talk about my dad, he's the reason I don't have a social life and I'm still a virgin." Dan said laughing softly. The whispering and talking settled down once Phil had started teaching. Dan had never seen the class pay such close attention during a lecture, then again their university didn't have many young and attractive professors like Mr. Lester either. Not only was he attractive but he was also a great teacher, he seemed so passionate about what he was teaching and people were actually enjoying the lesson along with Dan.