Chapter 3

Dan groaned as the sunlight hit his face, he was a little confused when he opened his eyes seeing the unfamiliar room but then remembered the previous night with Phil. He looked to his right to see that he was alone and Phil wasn't in bed, he could hear the shower running so he figured Phil must be getting ready for work. He took his phone out seeing that he had missed calls from both his parents. He knew he'd see his Dad at University so he dialed his mother's number.

"Hello?" His mom answered.

"Hey mom," Dan yawned. "Sorry I wasn't able to pick up last night, I um went to bed early.."

"Oh that's alright sweetie," she said, "I just wanted to remind you that I need you to drop me off at the airport today, can you do that?"

"Yeah I can, I don't have class at noon today, I'll drop by your place." Dan said "I have to get ready for my morning class, love you."

"Love you too." She said before hanging up.

Dan sighed putting the phone down, having separated parents was difficult for him. He loved his mother but she was always busy with work and traveled a lot, it was the reason why she and his father were separated. When Dan was only a few months old they had separated, due to her work schedules and having to travel at random times he was mostly always with his father. His father took good care of him but he was really strict, especially when it came to Dan's studies. Dan wasn't really allowed to go anywhere as a teenager, his father told him that he needed to put all his focus into school if he wanted to be successful. The only friend Dan had was Nina, but the number of friends didn't bother him because he was happy with his one best friend who he could always count on. Dan had never had a boyfriend or girlfriend either, ever since he was young he knew he was different and found himself attracted to boys. He had never told his parents about being gay, he didn't think they would take it well.

"You're awake." Dan heard a voice say from across the room. Phil walked into the room wearing only pants, his hair was damp from the shower. Dan's eyes flickered to Phil's body, he was so perfect, pale but perfect. He noticed that he had scars, something Dan hadn't noticed the previous night.

"How did you get those? If you don't mind me asking." Dan asked, hoping he didn't sound too forward or rude.

"Oh, animal attack.." Phil said quietly. One thing Phil was, was insecure about the scars on his body, the only things that didn't heal when he was turned years ago. He twitched slightly when he felt Dan's warm fingertips brush against one of his scars. He moved away and grabbed a shirt putting it on. "You should get ready, you don't want to be late.."

Dan was scared that maybe he had pushed Phil's buttons, he cursed himself for even asking about the scars not considering that it may have been too personal. He found himself falling harder each day for Phil and only wanted to know him better. Dan's first class was with Phil, he shared awkward glances, Phil wouldn't speak to him. It was like going back to square one all over again. Just last night everything was perfect, Dan could see Phil was starting to warm up to him but now he couldn't help but think that maybe he just ruined any chance he had. After class Dan decided to stay behind and ask Phil if everything was alright.

"You're back to ignoring me again." Dan said as soon as everyone had left the lecture room.

"Look Dan, last night was great and I think you're great but I just don't see us happening." Phil said sighing.

"So that's it? You just fuck me and decide to leave me? Was it something I said or did?" Dan asked feeling hurt, "Was it because of this morning?"

"No, its just complicated. I'm not good for you. You deserve someone who will open up to you, who doesn't have a past they would rather hide." Phil said.