You Can Bank On Superman

Start from the beginning

"Oh. My. God..."

Now the Young Justice were completely lost.

"We're still here!" Artemis asked sarcastically. "Can someone tell me what's going on?!"

Batman held the monitor out to Artemis as the whole Young Justice team crowded around her to look at the blue screen with the green and red flickering arrows and shapes that appeared around both Superman and Desmond.

"Those numbers are what measure meta-human capabilities." Batman explained. "What you would call measuring the level of power an individual has."

The team ducked down for a few seconds as a burst of wind from Superman's punches flew down and cracked the ground near them.

"Superman's is quite high..." he noted. "Probably the highest meta-human power levels I have ever recorded."

He looked at them sternly.

"Look at Desmond's."

Artemis' eyes went wide.

"Whoa..."

Robin lowered his sunglasses slowly as his mouth dropped.

"Are Desmond's power levels..?"

Batman nodded.

"Catching up to Superman's..."

Everyone looked at him with shock.

"Is that even possible?!" Miss Martian asked.

"Evidently..." Batman replied.

Suddenly, a bright red and yellow stream flew out of the bay doors and in front of the team.

"ALRIGHT!!" Kid Flash screamed out with a TV remote in his hand. "Who destroyed the TV?! SPILL IT!!"

No-one answered, but before Kid Flash could yell again, a red beam from Desmond's eyes hit the ground three feet from him.

Kid Flash screamed and jumped out of the way and as he looked up to see the battle above him, his eyes couldn't have been wider. He lifted his finger and pointed with awe.

"Is...that new kid fighting Superman..?"

Everyone nodded.

Kid Flash watched a few seconds before saying the worst thing anyone could at a time like this:

"Ten bucks on the new kid..."

Everyone looked at him with disbelief and shock.

"What?" he asked. "This could be interesting!"

Artemis groaned.

"I say twenty on Superman." Flash replied, with a large grin.

"You're on, Uncle Barry!" Kid Flash laughed.

"You guys are SERIOUSLY going to do this NOW?!" Artemis screamed.

Both Flashes nodded.

Artemis groaned again.

"Fine."

Then she looked up with a large smile.

"I put THIRTY dollars on Superman!" she declared.

She looked at Kid Flash with a mischievous grin.

"AND if Superman wins, then the next time we go out, you have to take me to that nice restaurant in Central City!"

Kid Flash smirked and nodded.

"You're on."

He looked at everyone else in the group.

"Anyone else?"

"Twenty of your Earth dollars on Superman." Wonder Woman said.

"Ten on Superman." Aquaman smiled.

"MY KING!" Aqualad said with shock.

Aquaman looked at him with a sly smile, one that Aqualad returned.

"I concur!" Aqualad replied. "Another twenty on Superman!"

"Thirty on Superman." Captain Marvel said. "But it might take a few weeks for my allowance to get that high..."

By the end of the conversation, nearly one-hundred and twenty dollars had been bet on Superman's victory whilst only twenty had been bet on Desmond's.

Until Batman interrupted.

"I bet on Desmond..."

Everyone looked at him with shock, all of them expecting him to side with Desmond.

"How much?" Kid Flash asked.

"Fifty percent of Wayne Enterprises stocks..."

Kid Flash's eyes lit up as did everyone else's.

They then resumed their spectating of the battle, all eager to see who would win...

ACTION! BATTLES BETWEEN HEROES!! SPINE-TINGLING SUSPENSE!!! With Desmond's power nearing that of Superman's, who will WIN?! Who will go home with half of Wayne Enterprises' stocks?! Will Kid Flash's stuff stop getting ruined?! XD

But more importantly, will the battle between Desmond and Superman conclude ONLY between Desmond and Superman, or are others eager to join the battle..? :3

Be sure to vote and COMMENT if you liked the story!! And keep an eye on your Wattpad notifications, because you are NOT going to want to miss the next chapter! :D

-Kai-Shiro :D