Isabelle Olympus part 6

Start from the beginning

“Forget everything they just told you, if you haven’t already, and be yourself. If he doesn’t like you for being yourself then the relationship would never have worked out anyway.” Iris stated simply whilst shrugging. That was the best bit of advice I had gotten all day!

I smiled at her with a little more confidence before I closed my eyes and thought of Olympus. When I opened my eyes I saw that Iris had followed me but before I could tell her to go away as Connor could be here any minute she had already darted away and was hiding behind a pillar. Confused, I turned back around and saw Connor making his way over to me smiling. He was wearing a nice blue shirt and black trousers, the shirt brought out the vivid blue of his eyes and I’m not going to lie, it made him look really good.

“Hi.” He said smiling

“Hello” I replied, a little breathlessly. He pushed his sandy blond hair backwards off of his face before offering his hand to me.

“Shall we?” he asked grinning.

“Where are we going?” I asked but still taking his hand.

“It’s a surprise!” He said and his grin turned slightly mischievous as he saw my confused face. “Don’t worry, you’ll love it! Now close your eyes.” I obeyed and felt the rush of air past my face as we moved. It was replaced by a gentle breeze and I could feel the warm glow of the sun on my face, even though it must have been setting at about this time.

“Can I open my eyes?” I asked with my arms out so as not to walk into anything as he gently guided me forward.

“Not yet.” He stated, still leading me forward. “Now you can.” I immediately opened my eyes eager to find out where I was and gasped. There in front of me was a table laid out for two on a beach with fairy lights in the trees behind and fire on the end of a few poles stuck into the sand around the table. It was beautiful! I couldn’t believe he’d gone to so much effort for me, this was amazing.

“Oh my gods!” I muttered quietly under my breath but I think he heard it as he let out a small chuckle. Yeah I know it was kind of cheesy having a romantic dinner on the beach and it probably belonged in a movie but no one had ever gone to so much effort for me and I really appreciated it. “You didn’t have to do this for me, you know.” I said looking around still stunned.

“I know.” He smiled gently “but I wanted to. You deserve something special and well, this was the best that I could do!” I didn’t know what to say to that, all of this it was unreal it was like this was a dream, I even thought of pinching myself to check I was awake but I restrained myself, if this was a dream I definitely didn’t want to wake up yet.

We sat down at the table, Connor looking every inch the Greek god that he was, and immediately a waiter appeared from behind the trees and took our drinks orders whilst handing us menus.

“So Izzy, tell me something about yourself.” He asked whilst leaning on the table seeming genuinely interested.

“Um, well . . . I didn’t know about what I was until I was 8 and I came here. That was a shock and a half, finding out that not only do the Greek gods exist but also that I’m related to every single one of them.” I chuckled slightly at the memory.

“Was it hard leaving the parents that had raised you and learning you weren’t really related to them at all?” He asked, looking genuinely curious.

“No, not at all.” I said, not really wanting to go into the whole abusive father thing as it would kind of put a downer on our night.

“Why’s that?” He pushed for more.

“Let’s just say that the man that I grew up with and I never really got along. So I was kind of relieved to get away from there. But I do miss England.” I replied honestly.