Wish You Were Here Pt. 2

Start from the beginning

"Babygirl," Jeremy said, petting Jennifer's hair behind her ear. Jennifer was on the verge of sleep, but Jeremy's voice pulled her from the tendrils of it.

"Hmm?" she said peacefully.

"How much do you love me?" Jeremy asked, and Jennifer opened her eyes to smile at him.

"I love you more than all the beats, in all the music notes, in all the music, in all the world." She replied, and reached up to plant her lips against Jeremy's.

"Hey, Jen, wake up. We're landing." Justin said softly in Jennifer's ear. She sat up straight in shock, for a second ago she was in Jeremy's white-walled room with various baseball star posters lining the walls. "Did you sleep okay?"

Jennifer smiled and nodded.

"I heard you talking in your sleep. You were dreaming about Jeremy, weren't you?" Justin asked, and Jennifer blushed and nodded. "I'm glad you're in a better mood. Now come on, you have to let me meet him."

Jennifer let out a slightly hysterical giggle, and everyone got off the plane in peace.

"He was the best at baseball. He won the little league world series when he was young." Jennifer told Justin, and Maribelle and Scooterlaughed along with her. They were on their way to Jeremy's grave, his favorite flowers in Jennifer's hand. "He was nice to everyone, absolutely everyone."

"Unless they were trying to make a pass at you." Maribelle chimed in, and everyone laughed again. Jennifer blushed a deep red as they passed row after row of tombstones.

"He was a good kid." Scooter agreed. "He had his head in the right place."

Justin knew when they were getting close to his grave, because Jennifer held on a bit tighter to his arm, and she went silent.

"He's right here." Jennifer said, pointing to a spot a few feet away from them. Justin looked her outfit over, and saw that she was wearing the least amount of clothing he'd ever seen on her; a regular teal blue tank top, with a pair of short shorts and blue vans to match her shirt. Her long blonde hair was curled perfectly, under a grey and white hat, flowing behind her in the wind.

She's the definition of beautiful. Justin thought, just as they stopped in front of a tombstone.

Jennifer laid the flowers in front of the granite tombstone, in the little deep hole they made to hold flowers. She stared down at the tombstone for a while, the words written there already committed to her memory from the hundreds of times she'd visited him in the past year.

Here lies Jeremy Nathan Campbell

September 18th, 1994 - December 14th, 2011

"Love is stronger than any addiction. Hell, it is one."

Jennifer smiled as she read the quote. Jeremy loved that quote, and she could hear him say it himself, as if he were right next to her.

"We'll leave you alone for a bit." Scooter said, and he and Maribelle walked away.

"I usually like to talk to him for a bit." Jennifer explained to Justin sheepishly.

"Do you want me to leave too?" Justin asked, but Jennifer quickly shook her head, taking deep breaths.

"No," she whispered. "No. Stay."

Jennifer tucked a strand of hair behind her right ear and kneeled to the floor, shyly picking at the blades of grass that had grown in the past year over the soft wet dirt.