Fate

"Jen... you're not broken." He said, and Jennifer squeezed her eyes shut.

"Yes I am." She whispered, but Justin shushed her again.

"No, Jen! Don't say that! Just... shh... just stay quiet for a little bit. Just listen." He said.

Jennifer stopped crying, leaned against Justin's chest, and listened to his heartbeat. "I can hear your heartbeat." She whispered.

"Yes. And do you know what that means?" he asked, and she shook her head. "It means that we're both alive and completely healthy. We were put into each other's lives for a reason. For me, it was an attitude adjustment. For you... Jen... I was put in your life... to heal you."

"What do you mean?" she looked up at him with her tear-streaked cheeks, and he smiled and wiped the tears off of her cheeks.

"I was put in your life by fate, Jennifer. I was put in your life to help you out with all your worries and troubles, and help you get over your depression." He said simply, but Jennifer looked down at the floor.

"It's not that easy." She said quietly, and Justin lifted her face up by her chin again.

"I know. But I'll do whatever it takes to make you whole again, Jen." Justin pulled her by her waist onto his lap, where she silently cried onto his shoulder.

"I can't help... but to feel guilty..."

"About what?"

"I feel like... at any minute... Jeremy's just gonna walk in here, demanding who you are, and why you're touching all on his girl." She said, slightly smiling.

"Well... I think I'd... tell him that I couldn't help it, that his girl... was just so good-looking... I just had to hold her." Justin said softly, causing Jennifer to blush profusely, her face hidden in the folds of Justin's shirt.

"What are you thinking about right now?" Justin asked softly, petting Jennifer's hair back, but Jennifer had sat up.

"Justin... I'm scared." Jennifer whispered, but Justin kept an arm around her waist.

"Scared of what?" he asked, his face inching closer toward Jennifer's, who turned her head to look at their reflections in one of the wall mirrors.

"I'm scared... of... a lot of things. I'm scared of living, I'm scared of death, and I'm scared... I'm just scared!" she cried, and Justin inched even closer to her.

"Jennifer... there's nothing to be scared of," he whispered. Jennifer turned her head back to face Justin, who was only centimeters away from her.

"There are a lot of things to be afraid of," she whispered, "there are so many things to be afraid of, Justin, it isn't even funny."

"No, Jen, there isn't. You're perfectly safe with me. I won't hurt you anymore, and I won't let anything or any body hurt you. Okay?" he said softly, but Jen turned away again.

"Come on, stand up." He said, standing himself and helping Jennifer to her feet. He wiped the remaining tears from her cheeks and planted a small kiss on her forehead, and she quickly averted her gaze to the wood floor.

Be Alright by Justin Bieber started playing, and Justin took Jennifer's waist and right hand.

Across the ocean

Across the sea

Starting to forget the way you look at me

The two started dancing, twirling and stepping to the soft rhythm of the song. Justin spun Jennifer in a circle, the two of them doing nothing but dancing to the song, looking in each other's eyes.

"Is this right?" he asked in the middle of the song, and did a small ridiculous dance move that caused Jennifer to give a little giggle.

"No, that's definitely not how you do it." She said softly, and he chuckled.

"Is this right?" he asked, and lifted Jennifer up by her waist, above his head. Jennifer gave another small giggle, and nodded. He put Jennifer back on her feet and took her waist again.

"That was perfect." She replied, and he smiled at her.

"Good. You're a fabulous teacher." Justin said, and Jennifer looked down and blushed.

The two adolescents continued to dance in silence, the same rhythm, despite the song. They danced in the same slow, flowing moves throughout the several hours they were in the studio.

Neither of them knew Pattie and Maribelle were watching them from the doorway.

"What do you think will happen now, Pattie?" Maribelle asked worriedly.

"I don't know Belle. I think Jen needs help. Maybe we could try sending her to a treatment center?" Pattie tried suggesting, but Maribelle shook her head quickly.

"I don't want to put her through that again, Pattie. I'll do anything in my power to keep her away from a treatment center. If anything, she'll be worse off in there, too many memories of Jeremy will be surrounding her in there."

"Maribelle. We can't let her keep living like this. I saw the cuts on her wrists. She's going to end up killing herself if we don't stop her." Pattie choked on her words, the thought of losing the shy and quiet girl breaking her heart.

"We're going to have to help her ourselves. We'll have to get her anti-depressants or something, I don't know. But I'm not letting my best friend get sent back to that facility." Maribelle said, with a determined voice, and Pattie nodded.

"I think I have an idea." Pattie said, and Maribelle scrunched her eyebrows in confusion.

"What is it?"

"I think we're going to need to call Demi Lovato." Pattie answered, and Maribelle nodded her head grimly.

"But will she be able to help her?"

"Demi's been there, Belle. She knows how it feels to not feel good enough, to feel like she doesn't want to live. None of us knows how that feels, except Demi. She'll be able to talk and connect with Jen in a way we won't be able to."

Maribelle looked at the floor and bit her lip. "We'll use Demi as a last resort. We have to help heal her ourselves first, so we don't overwhelm her." She answered.

Pattie nodded. "We have to heal her, Belle."

Maribelle nodded. "Even if it kills me, I will heal my best friend, and make her happy again."