Getaway

Edward's POV

"How many days are you going to be gone for?" Alice asked me as she threw in another one of my shirts into my overnight bag. I threw my portable speaker and my iPod in before turning to face my sister.

I know it seemed stupid that I needed a change of clothes since I didn't have to shower. But I always changed clothes regularly. It always gives me a sense of freshness that I can't describe.

"I don't know, it might be for 2 days or 2 weeks." I smiled at that thought and started packing faster. Bella was going to be here at exactly 8pm and she was always punctual. I didn't want to seem like an unprepared buffoon when we were going to do something really special.

"All right brother, have fun." Alice said. "And remember what we talked about, try to make her come live with us. We have an extra room after all."

"I know Alice, but I'm not interested in forcing her into anything. I'll just mention our offer but if she doesn't want to, then I'm not going to pressurize her." I said firmly.

"I get it." Alice raised her hands up defensively as she backed out of my room. "Have fun okay? I'll see you soon." She winked and closed the door after her while I finished the last of my packing. I closed my bag and carried it downstairs where the rest of the family had already left for hunting. I had made sure to hunt a few nights earlier so that I wouldn't waste precious time when I was with Bella. The next few days were solely about her and I just hoped that she wouldn't back away at the last second.

Just as I was thinking about her, I heard a soft knock on the door. I jogged to the door and swung it open, revealing Bella standing on the other side. She was wearing jeans and a flannel shirt together with her black Nike Janoskis. She had her duffel bag over her shoulder and her signature smirk on her face. Her eyes were unmistakably gold which made me smile. She was wearing a grey beanie that hid part of her forehead but her beautiful brown hair flew around her face in the night breeze.

She was so beautiful and she didn't even know it.

"Ready to go?" Bella asked with a small smile and I nodded like a robot. I stepped out of the house and closed the door after me and motioned for Bella to follow me to our garage. I had bought a minivan for our time away and I was excited since I've never driven one of these before.

"You got a minivan?" Bella asked with a smile and I nodded as I unlocked it. We got in and threw our bags to the back as we got comfortable in the front. Bella lifted her legs up and rested them on the dashboard while I turned on the radio which already had my mix-tape in.

"Are you still going to keep our venue a secret?" Bella asked.

"Yeah, I am." I replied, smiling. We could have effortlessly run to the place that I had wanted to bring Bella but what was the fun in that? Both of us had been traveling by foot ever since we changed and only used the cars to maintain a normal facade in front of humans. But I knew that Bella missed being a human sometimes; being normal. Hence, I wanted to make this as normal as it could get for her so that she could forget about her parents' death and her 'change of lifestyle'.

Within minutes, we were already out of Forks and Bella seemed to be more at ease. She was looking out of the window the whole time and often stuck her head out to enjoy the breeze. Since it was already night, there wasn't much civilization and it was calm. I looked over at Bella a few times and smiled whenever I saw her absentmindedly nodding along to the music or playing with her hair. She never stayed still for even a second and it was amusing to watch her.

"Did you ever travel the world once you, you know changed?" Bella asked, breaking the comfortable silence that had enveloped around us.

"I went around with Carlisle in my early years. I mean Forks wasn't our first location to live so we did get to travel around." I replied as I looked back at Bella.