Confessions

Edward's POV

Bella didn't come to school today and I couldn't figure out why. She may have gone to hunt but her eyes were a bright golden last night, she couldn't possibly be thirsty. I knew she was at home, probably thinking about her parents. It was stupid of me to ask her such a question last night. I triggered her memories and now, I didn't even know if she would come back to school.

"Calm down, Edward. She will be back next week." Alice assured me as we walked into the house. Alice drove us back home from school as I didn't have the mood to drive today. I gave her a nod and walked to my piano room. I closed the door and turned on the lights.

Bella's smell still lingered in the room and I went to sit at the exact same place she sat last night.

I couldn't help but think of her since she left. She had gone through so much in the past 50 years, it was remarkable. She was the strongest woman I've seen to live among the Volturi and come out, resisting human's blood. She was smart and downright the most beautiful goddamned creature in the world. The image of her playing the piano replayed itself in my head again and again. Oh, how I would love to see her right now.

I held my head in my hands and pictured her brilliantly colored golden eyes. The pure thought of being able to see her on Monday was my motivation to get through the weekend. I was bewildered at how this girl made me feel so vulnerable. Nobody has ever made me feel this way, ever.

Her thoughts gave me motivation to play a song, a brand new song for Bella. I played a few chords on the piano and created a melody with Bella in my mind. The sheer thought of her inspired me and I came up with a whole new song in under half an hour. I played it over and over, correcting a few notes here and there and making a couple of amendments. It sounded perfect for her, and I hope she would be able to hear it one day.

I brought my newly written song up to my room and placed it on my music shelf. I played a random CD on my stereo and relaxed on my couch bed. I could hear Emmett and Jasper playing on the play station below. Rosalie was painting her nails and Alice was shopping online with Esme as usual. The disgusting smell of nail polish floated up till here. I wrinkled my nose.

I looked around my room and thought of how perfect it would be if Bella lived here with us. I could imagine her playing video games with the guys or painting her nails with Rosalie. I could even see her sitting with Alice and Esme, planning shopping trips and doing whatever girls do. She might even be with Carlisle, talking about medical researches. She fitted perfectly in this household, and especially with me.

Thoughts of her invaded my mind again. The first time I saw her was truly the best moment of my existence. Everything about her attracted me - Her chestnut brown hair that flowed all the way down to her mid back, the huge curls at the bottom of her hair that bounces whenever she walks, the way she walks like she owns the whole place, the way she carries herself with everyone around her and my favorite part - the way she mutters curse words under her breath. She was beautiful and I wanted her to be mine. These thoughts shocked me but I wasn't afraid. Bella definitely had a hold on me and I wanted to be with her right now. I didn't know what these feelings were but I wanted to find out.

~~~~

"Carlisle?"

"Yes Edward, come on in." Carlisle motioned for me to come in to his study and sit on the chair that was opposite him. I sat down and crossed my arms.

"Anything the matter?" He asked.

"I don't know." I admitted. I didn't know what was wrong with me.

What do you mean you don't know?

"It's Bella... She's doing something to me." I replied his question that was in his mind.