Saviors

There it was again. That same feeling that consumed my weak chest within my ribs and into my heart. When I walked next to him, the world seemed lighter but heavy all at once. My eyes seemed to work like magnets towards his strikingly handsome countenance.

"Do you like what you see?" the butler smirked as he caught my wide stare that caused me to flush maroon.

"Stop it!" I pouted and crossed my arms underneath my chest, then looked off to the side.

"Stop what?" he concealed his lips with his gloved hand in order to shush his snicker.

"You think I'm hitting on you! Well to tell you now buddy I'm not interested, meaning I'm not attracted to you." I smiled in triumph "So take that! Ha!"

"Oh really? For some reason I find that hard to believe. You always get flustered when I'm around, not to mention you seem to change your attitude every time we're together." he broadcasted his assertion; however, I dismissed his statement.

With one glance I stared into his rich, golden irises, and sighed.

"I don't like you." I deluded in the most convincing, solemn tone. He peered blankly at me, as if the mind of his eyes were having a dispute whether I was fibbing or not.

Without a word, I knew he came to a conclusion. The defending silence had the words "I believe you" written all over it. I held my hands upon my lap while Claude had his behind his back. Walking down the corridor felt like an eternity especially with the uneased auras enveloping me and the butler. "

"Should I tell him something? What if I quit? Do I let this situation fix itself out?" I thought.

"_________, are you alright? You're not saying anything?" the raven haired male questioned, again bursting me from my notions.

"Yeah, I-I'm fine. What did you say?" I leaned my frigid fingers against my throbbing forehead. The pain was gentle but irritating.

"I said you'll be needing a coat if we're going to be outside." He spoke as he handed a thick jacket and rubber boots.

"Oh...right. Thank you." I smile warmly towards Claude but he turned his back, avoiding eyes and headed out.

I followed behind him with a jaded frown. I could sense critical tension in the atmosphere that Claude was emitting. I wanted to bring his doting ego, but his expression smeared despondent. By the time we reached the miniature greenhouse, the door was frozen shut, it appeared almost impossible to deliberately open it. Claude out-stretched his lengthy arm towards the handle and grabbed it. As I watched do so, I glanced up and noted razor-edged icicles hanging above the butler ready to launch down. When he cracked the door open, I dynamically coiled arms around his stiff waist, and hurled him to the left where he skimmed the glittered snow. I too moved out of the way, despite it was not in time, the icicle severed my glove, and lacerated the middle of my palm as an attempt to protect my face. I felt no pain whatsoever, because of the cold, yet trickles of blood began to seep from my wound.

Claude stared at me with widened pupils.

"Why did you do that?!" He furrowed his brows, unhinged.

"This." I picked up the icy crystal. "You should be more careful next time Claude, I might not be around to push you out of harms way." I declare before taking my first steps into the greenhouse.

Inside the plant nursery, the temperature increased. I discarded my coat off to the side, and looked down at my gloves. I wanted to refrain him from seeing this, or else he would throw a fret tantrum over my cut, leading to an unfinished assignment. I quickly rummaged through the cabinets in desperate need of gardener glove, luckily I found a purple pair, and slid them on.