Alternative Residence

I awoke in a dark and foreign area. I felt the room gyrate while my heart began to progressively pump inside my lungs. "Where was I? How did I get here?" were the thoughts that tortured my mind repeatedly. I nearly attempted to scream out for help, but that was when I felt a brace of arms wrapped around my stomach. I looked down and saw that I was blanketed by a sloe tailcoat then noticed lengthy legs beside my own. My back was tucked against somebody else's chest, and their toasty breath swept across my shoulder.

"Claude...?" my muddled voice asked. Of course I felt light headed and tired.

"You're up." His cool tone made me quaver as he unleashed his limbs.

"Yeah, I'm just a little unhinged at the moment..." I slowly hoisted my frail body, my legs wiggled like a newborn deer before I could stand up straight and correctly.

"Do you not recall what happened last night?" He asked as I handed over his formal jacket.

Then it clicked. I couldn't recall a single thing about last night; it seems I was oblivious throughout the ball. The only memories that seared into my brain were, arriving to the Trancy Manor, dancing with finny, breaking up the butlers and meeting hoodlum. Anything after that was an epic blur.

"Not really.....Actually, where am I?" I interrogate while massage my sore head.

"You madam, are in the Trancy mansion; it is exactly 5:23am." The ebony haired male claimed, then reached into his pocket and tugged out his glasses.

"Well that's early, I truly need to go home right now since I open up shop at 7:30 today" I sighed while stretching my whole body so it didn't feel as stiff.

"This part of the world still remains partly dark, are you sure you want to set out at this time?" Claude looked out window of this gloomy room we were in.

"Are we in a basement?" I unpredictably questioned, raising my voice.

"You really don't remember do you?" The man noted with a confound expression printed on his face.

"No! Which is driving me insane." my intolerable voice announced. I lightly tugged my (H/C) hair in a restless manner.

"Then how about I refresh you on last night's events." the golden eyed male keenly smirked, making me suspicious.

"It's better if you close your eyes, it helps absorb more thoughts and reminds of one's activities." the butler insisted, taking a few paces towards me. It seemed a little sketchy but at last, I did what was recommended.

My upper eye lashes met my lower; I took a deep breath and adjusted to my unlit vision.

~~~~~~~~~

Claude stared at _______. Her lips, her hair, her skin, her body. All he wanted to do was touch her, to be anything she wanted him to be; make her feel important and desired. Yes! It was wrong for such a prim butler like himself to even have distorted notations about a female, lingering in his cranium but he can't bear it any longer.

The day he walked into the girls flower shop and saved her from a drastic fall, he knew she was exceptional in a way. Even though her face played like an angel and her inclination was congenial, he sensed her tortured soul. Usually, when people have a scourge past, most of their innocents flees their state of mind, meaning they grow up or signify a savage attitude; just look at Alois!

The only difference is, Claude has no intention in making a contract with _____, but prefers to share a life with her instead.

~~~~~~~~~~

Claude's POV

I was impatient to kiss the woman in front of me again. I sincerely admire how her mouth feels compressed on mine ever since last night. Even though our lips stitched together for about 3 seconds, a part of me felt complete. The only thing bothering me was that she couldn't remember it. I took diminutive steps to her but every time I put one foot forward, it fell heavy. Hell, it was this warm feeling that caused me to have vulnerability within, to hold such an attachment to a human girl.