Sunlight

________ POV

Step after step, we finally arrived to the mansion; it was way bigger than I visualized. I gently bit my lower lip and smiled while Claude peeked over his shoulder at me and smirked with one eyebrow questionably lifted.

"Is this your first time seeing home like this?" He asked, turning his body to mine.

"Home? This seems more like a castle. You can't seriously live here" I proclaimed euphorically even though I had a perplexed expression. He just chucked.

"Just wait till you see the inside" he gradually offered his hand to me.

I glanced at his fabric covered palm, his eyes appeared soft and loving , his posture was partly bent over as he insisted on chaperoning me in but unfortunately I passed on it.

"You're too kind but no thank you, I'm not suited to be controlled nor pampered" I said in the most polite tone I could, then casually marched up the stairs.

"You sure are an independent young woman, I respect that." he smoothly spoke; his breath navigated onto my neck, casting chilly shivers up my spine.

"Thank you" I proudly beamed, then opened the massive, polished looking door only to be bewildered by the Earl himself.

"_____! It's about time you two made it" Alois grinned in satisfaction and welcomed us inside into his lounging room.

"Claude, fetch us some tea will you?" the boy in violet demanded.

"Yes, your highness" his devoted servant spoke and paced off.

We took our seats on his cushioned, lavender colored chairs, only a petite wooden coffee table was there to separate us. The inside of his household was marvelous; the pure crystal chandelier that hung above us illuminated the whole entire room and brought out the intense crimson paint on the wall. The rugs were perfectly embroidered and designed with golden lining. It was absolutely breathtaking.

"So lady (L/N), Claude told you the reason why I wanted you here, correct?" Alois quizzed, crossing his legs.

"He did say you needed assistance on your floral decorations for tomorrow's delivery" I responded and placed my hands in my lap.

"Yes of course, I can't do it all myself you see..." the platinum blond began to rub his armrest in a menacing manner. "So that's why I plan to pair you and my butler up to take care of this errand for me"

*CRASH*

Me and Alois rapidly looked back towards the entrance of the kitchen and saw that Claude had dropped the glass tea cups all over the marvel floor. There seemed to be a bit of shock in his eyes and stood stiff for about 5 seconds.

"Have you turned clumsy Claude?" a foul laughter escaped the boys lips as he got up and snapped his fingers.

"Hannah clean this up, Claude has better things to do right now" The Trancy kid ordered a maid with lilac hair. She had an eye patch over her face and wore a depressed look.

"Claude I'm assuming you heard my idea before the incident" he blithely glared at the tall man as we accessed an enormous room.

"Okay, well I'll leave you two alone so you can get started. Bye!" Alois shut the double doors tightly together causing a boisterous echo. The butler didn't flinch like I did, he seemed rather distracted and listless.

"Well it's time to get working, Claude." I announced then stepped further into the center of the four walls, and examined the windows.

"hmm...Maybe we can aligned the roses up against the curtains, that'll bring out an elegant vibe." I suggested and looked over at the man in the tailcoat for his opinion.