Chapter 1: Year 2180

I sighed with frustration as I typed furiously at the computer. ALVIS, the device, read the research data back to me as I wrote it. I let my eyes wander to the scenery of outer space behind the glass panel that kept us safe.

My colleagues and I were a group of scientists stationed in outer space. Our main goal was to figure out how to create a universe at the touch of a button. However, I knew I wouldn't be able to witness it myself, since I would be going home to London in a week.

"Marie," A fellow scientist approached me from behind. "Maybe you should check on Klaus. He seems to be going... insane."

I glanced over to the opposite side of the room, at Klaus. He was tossing papers all over the place and he seemed incredibly focused on something. Slowly, I walked up to him. "Klaus?"

"Marie!" He gasped, unaware I was behind him. "I've found the answer! I know how to create a universe!"

I shook my head, not believing him. "It can't be. We haven't even-" My stomach felt like it exploded. The codes he typed in the computer were incredibly detailed, like he was working on them for days. They were written in a way I had never seen before, and they were connected so they would be triggered by a large red button. It appeared to me he had indeed found the answer.

But I didn't want to endanger so many lives. "We should study these codes first. It could be dangerous!" I reached my hand out to shut the cover over the button, but Klaus pushed it away.

"I'll make history on this day!" Klaus proclaimed. All of the scientists turned to face him.

"Klaus! It's not ready! NO!" I screamed. But it was too late. He pushed the button.

All I saw was a flash of bright light, and then everything went dark.