Chapter 1: My Hogwarts Letter

It was about 8 o'clock when I finally woke up. quickly ran down the stairs remembering it was my 11th birthday. When I had reached the bottom I heard a very loud "Happy Birthday!" cheer from my whole family. Ginny was the first to give me a hug, followed by Fred and George, and then Ron. I sat down at my usual spot at the table, which was between Fred and Ron.

"Izzy, Ron, there are some letters for both of you." said Percy.

"Can it be?..." said George.

"It is, our little Izzy and Ronnie are going to Hogwarts." finished Fred.

"I guess we're going to Diagon Alley soon, then." my father said not looking up from his paper.

"Yes, how about tomorrow?" my mother said stirring up scrambled eggs.

"I think that will work." my father replied. I was so excited, I was going to Hogwarts! Everyone in my family has gone to Hogwarts, and now it was my turn. I quickly ate my breakfast and ran upstairs to get dressed. I shared a room with my little sister, Ginny. When I walked in she was getting dressed as well.

"So you and Ron are going to Hogwarts too?" she asked me pulling on her pants.

"Yep, so you'll be here alone until next year." I told her pulling my clothes out of my dresser.

"Great, what am I supposed to do alone?" she asked sitting down on her bed.

"Help Mum around the house I guess." I replied putting on my shirt.

"But that's boring. Why can't I go with you?" she asked.

"Because you are not 11 yet." I replied pulling my shorts on.

"I wish I was." she said frowning.

"Hey, it'll be fine, I'll send you owls all the time." I told her grabbing my hairbrush.

"Promise?" she said.

"I promise." I said as I started to brush my hair.

When I was done, Ginny and I walked to the field surrounded by trees that our brothers practice Quidditch on.

"Well look who it is.." Fred began.

"Our favorite birthday girl." finished George. They did that a lot.

"Morning boys," I said sitting down under my favorite tree, Ginny sitting next to me.

"We thought that, since you are going to Hogwarts soon, that we should teach you fly on a broom..." George said.

"And play Quidditch." Fred added.

"Oh, are we doing this now?" I asked as they started to pull me off the ground.

"Yes!" they said in unison.

"Fine, but if I get hurt it's going to be your fault." I replied dusting off my back.

"Yeah and Mum'll be furious." added Ginny.

"We know, now get on." Fred said holding out his broom. I obeyed, and got on.

"Now all you have to do is push off with your foot." George said. So, I pushed off of the ground and I started to rise in the air.

"Very good Izzy." Fred said from the ground. George then got on his broom and flew up to where I was hovering.

"Now, to go forward you have to lean forward. And same with all of the other directions." he said and flew higher. I followed him and he seemed impressed.

"Wow, Izzy. I never seen anyone that good on a broom on the first try."

"Thanks." I replied with a smile.