Chapter 5

Ariana's P.O.V.

Once we arrived at the mall, I immediately pulled him into forever 21, making him groan.

"Oh, come on." He complained. "Can't we go into someplace less...girly?"

"Oh, please." I said. "Not everything in this store is completely girly. They've even got a boys section in here somewhere."

He rolled his eyes. "Whatever. Just make this as quick as possible."

"Fine." I huffed and dragged him around the store.

....

"How about this one?" I asked, holding up a plain black sleeveless dress.

"Just put in the pile and you can try it on with the rest of them." He said, eyeing the already high stack of clothes that I had picked out and yet to have tried on.

"Fine," I said, "just because you seem completely miserable, I'll try on the clothes and we can be done for the day. Then we can go get some ice cream. Deal."

He sighed in relief. "Deal."

I put the dress in the pile and we walked over to the changing rooms. Since I was only aloud five items at once, I chose a pair of jeans, a couple of shirts and a couple pairs of shoes that I had picked out along the way.

.....

It had been almost a half an hour of trying on clothes and putting some back when I had come to the last dress and a pair of boots. It was the black dress that I had picked out last. It was a sleeveless skater dress that went to mid thigh. The boots were a pair of black knee-high boots with a small heel. After I had tried it on, I walked out of the dressing room to show Derek.

"How do I look?" I asked. He looked up from his phone and grinned. "What?"

"You look beautiful." he said. "I think you should get them."

I blushed a little at his comment. "You think so?"

He nodded. I turned and looked at myself in the mirror one last time and decided.

"I think I'm gonna get it." I said.

...

After paying for all of the clothes and shoes, we decided to go to McDonalds and get some food.

Once we ordered and got our food, we both sat down in a booth across from each other. I took a handful of fries and stuffed them in my mouth, not caring how obnoxious I looked. Derek smiled at me from across the table, taking a sip out of his vanilla milkshake.

"This is nice." I said, chewing on my fries.

"Yeah, it is." He said. "Its nice to have a little break every once in a while, ya know?"

"Yea, I get what you mean. Especially with what's going on now. Its nice to forget for a while." I said. "Oops, I forgot we already forgot everything from the past eight years."

He rolled his eyes at my joke. "I wonder what we were like when we were older."

"Well, apparently, we were about as close of friends as Mr. Krabs and Plankton." I joked. He laughed at my reference.

"I still don't get it." He said. "How could we have ever hated each other? We've been best friends for our whole lives."

"Hell, we even used to take bubble baths together." I added. He smirked.

"We still could..." He suggested. I glared at him and threw a fry at him which he caught in his mouth, laughing at my reaction.

I actually wouldn't really mind taking a bubble bath with him. But he doesn't need to know that !