Chapter 1

Ariana's P.O.V.

"Tell me why I'm here again?" I asked impatiently. The twins and Derek gave me an annoyed look.

"Oh, believe me. I don't want you here just as much as you. But we need your help." Derek said. I rolled my eyes.

"Please." Ethan pleaded. I sighed and walked over.

"Okay, fine. Take off the shirts." I ordered. They did as I said and set their shirts on the side, revealing their bloody and bruised bodies.

"What the hell happened to you guys?" I said, examining their injuries.

"We pissed off a few people." Aiden answered.

"Who?" I asked.

"Everyone." Ethan said. I gave him a funny look.

"Well, everyone you pissed off clearly wasn't just trying to hurt you. They wanted to kill you." I said. Derek looked irritated.

"Okay, thanks for that obvious piece of information, now can you just help them?!" he snapped. I glared at him.

"Would you calm the fuck down?! I'm trying to help!" I said.

"Yeah, well you're doing a pretty shitty job at it!" he yelled.

"Guys! Stop! I don't know if you forgot but we are still dying over here so it would help if you stopped arguing for a second!" Aiden yelled, making both me and Derek stop.

"Sorry. " I mumbled. "Derek, I need you to close their wounds with the torch and then I'll take it from there."

He nodded and got the torch. I watched in horror as Aiden and Ethan cried out in pain from the torch.

Once Derek was finished his work I stepped in front of Aiden.

"Now I'm gonna heal these wounds okay? It might sting a little." I warned him.

"Thanks but I've been through worse." he glared at Derek. I chuckled and placed my hand over his wounds and closed my eyes. I felt the energy draining from me as I healed him.

When I was finished I opened my eyes and let out a breath. He was now fully healed. I had done the same thing to Ethan.

"You both should be fine for now. Unless whoever shot you manages to find you again." I said.

They put their clothes back on and started to leave.

"Lydia's with Scott. We need to go." Aiden said.

"You're gonna try to convince her to go with you?" Derek asked.

"I'm gonna try and convince her to run and hide. Like any sane person would do." he said.

"And Danny?" Derek asked Ethan.

"Allison's dead. Stiles is dying. What do you think?" Ethan said.

"I think Danny won't believe you. And Lydia would never run and hide." Derek said.

"I hate to say it but he's got a point guys." I said.

"Because of Stiles?" Aiden asked.

"Because of Scott." I said.

"You've been trying to find a way into his pack. Trying to earn his trust. Trying to fight for him. But you've had it wrong the whole time. You don't fight for a leader. You fight for a leader's cause." Derek said.

"What cause?" Aiden asked.

"Scott's always been about one thing." Derek said.

"Saving his friends."I finished.

" He will do anything and everything to save the people he cares about. When there's no chance of winning, he keeps fighting. When all hope is lost, he finds another way. And when he's beaten down he stands up again. You wanna earn a place in his pack? You want redemption? Find another way to stand and fight." Derek said.

----

After the twins left, me and Derek were alone in the room.

I turned to him after a few minutes of silence.

"Hey, that was pretty cool. What you said back there." I said. He looked at me with raised eyebrows.

"Is that a compliment?" he asked with a small smirk. I rolled my eyes.

"Whatever." I said, facing away from him.

"You've changed a lot over the past 8 years. What happened?" he asked.

"People change Derek." I said flatly.

"That's not what I mean. Your whole personality is different. You're nit the same bubbly person I knew when we were kids." he said.

"Well, I could say the same for you too Derek." I snapped, facing him.

"Yeah, well at least I have a reason for my behavior! Remeber what happened all those years ago? My family was burned to the ground. I have an excuse. You on the other hand don't." he snapped back. I sighed and turned around.

"Whatever." I said.

"Oh, what are you jealous ? Huh, are you jealous that once again things don't go your way?" he taunted. I grew angry and faced him again.

"Would you just drop it?! That was 8 years ago!" I yelled.

"Drop it?! Ariana you ruined our friendship just because you were jealous of me!" he yelled.

"Why the hell would I be jealous of you?!" I yelled.

"Because I actually had someone! And you didn't! You were all alone while I had Paige!" he yelled.

"Yeah, well now she's gone!" I yelled back.

"Becuase of you!" he said. "It was all your fault! You were so jealous of ne that you didn't even save her!" he said. I shook my head.

"You are so dumb. I was never jealous of you! You idiot!" I yelled. He looked angry and confused.

"Then why did you keep pushing me away?!" he said.

"Because I-" I was cut off by a loud "Bang!" and a sharp pain going through my shoulder. I looked down at the bleeding hole in ny shoulder.

Another bang and this time Derek was hit. I looked towards the door and saw a bunch of men with guns coming through the door. The leader stopped and pointed gus shotgun at us.

"Now my friend. You're gonna tell us about La Loba. Where's the she wolf?" he asked. Derek stood up and wiped the blood from his mouth.

"I'm right here. And what the hell is La loba?" I said, gritting my teeth.

"Oh, no. Not you señora." he said.

"You should just go ahead and kill ne. Cause you're never gonna find Cora." Derek says.

"Cora? Who the hell is Cora?" he asked.

Out of nowhere gas appears everywhere. We all crouch down and the guys raise their guns.

"Where are they?!" someone shouted. Then a growl that didn't belong to me or Derek sounded through the room.

"Light em up!" they said. Then they all began shooting while me and Derek remained on the floor.

One by one, they dropped to the ground. All being attacked by the unknown. When it got quiet, a figure apeared in the smoke with a shotgun pointed at us.

They fired first at Derek, then at me, sending us both to our knees with holes in our chests.

"It's real. You're real." Derek said, looking up at Kate.

"That's right Derek. And if seeing me is a surprise, watch this." she said as her face changed into something else. Not human.

"A werejaguar." I said in disbelief. She smirked and walked forward.

"Now that I've made my special appearance, you're coming with me." she said with an evil grin. We heard more growling from behind her and out stepped two giant ... things?

"Berzerkers." Derek said.