Chapter 9

I waited form Roman and Caitie in the lobby. I watched as they walked in the elevator laughing. I quickly took the steps up to Caitie's floor and waited down the hallway. i watched as Roman told Caitie goodnight and headed back to the elevator.

As the doors to the elevator were about to close, I jumped in, too. Roman gave me a weird look. "Dean, what are you doing here?"

I clenched my fists as I fought the urge to hit him. "You know why I'm here," I snapped. "You're trying to get with Caitie when you damn well know that I like her."

Roman laughed. "Ok, Dean, I'm not trying to get with Caitie. Bro, you know me better than that. I'm not like Seth; I don't turn my back on family." The doors to the elevator opened and Roman pushed past me to exit the elevator.

"Then why did you take her out tonight?"

Roman sighed as we reached his door and turned to face me. "Caitie had something to tell me and I can't tell you what it is. I promised her I wouldn't and told her she needed to tell you herself. She likes you, Dean, so don't go messing this up."

I stared at him in shock at his words. Caitie Rose liked me? "What?" I stuttered out.

Roman shook his head. "Caitie likes you, Dean. She didn't come right out and say it but I can tell. But if you want her as bad as you say you do then you need to talk to her and to listen to her and you need to do it fast. I have overheard some of the guys in the locker room talking about how much they like Caitie and that they want to get with her. I suggest you hurry and make the call before it's too late. Goodnight, Dean." Roman entered his room, leaving me standing in the hallway.

I stood there for a few minutes processing what Roman had said. Caitie liked me but there were others that wanted her. I had to make her mine before someone else did. Then a thought occurred. What if that paper from Brie had Caitie's number on it?

I ran back to my room and threw open the door. I grabbed my bag and began throwing my stuff out of it searching for that paper. After a few minutes I found the paper and sat back on the bed. i slowly unfolded the paper and smiled when I realized what was written on the paper. There, in Brie's girly handwriting, was Caitie's phone number.

I quickly unlocked my phone and punched in Caitie's number but paused as I was about to hit the call button. I was feeling...nervous? What had happened to me? I've never felt nervous calling a girl before but then again, Caitie was different than other girls.

I took a deep breath and pressed the call button. It rang twice before Caitie's sweet voice answered the phone, "Hello?"

I paused feeling suddenly nervous again. "Uh, hi, Caitie. It's Dean. Roman told me I should call you." I mentally slapped myself for how stupid I sounded.

"What do you want, Dean?"

"Roman said that you needed to tell me something."

There was silence for a few seconds. I began to panic. What if she honestly didn't want to tell me anything? Finally, I heard Caitie sigh. "What's your room number?"

I paused wondering why she wanted to come to my room. I had some naughty thoughts pop into my head. "108," I replied as I shook the thoughts from my head. Now is not the time, Dean.

"Ok. I'll be there in five." click.

I looked at my phone and realized Caitie had hung up. She was actually coming to my room. My room! I looked around at the mess I had made trying to find Caitie's number. I scrambled to pick it up before Caitie arrived.

*CAITIE'S POV*

I hung up the phone and sighed. Guess it's now or never then. I stood up and looked in the mirror. I pulled my sandy brown hair up into a messy bun and straightened out my pajamas. My pajamas consisted of a plain black tank top and black over-sized sweat pants. I grabbed my key card and phone and left my room.

I was nervous about this talk with Dean. If he really did like me like Roman said, then this would make or break us. I was sure Dean wouldn't talk to me once he found out my little secret.

I stopped in front of Dean's door and stood there for a few minutes. I was scared to knock but I finally found my courage and did so. Dean answered right away. I was a little taken back by how good he looked. He was still in his clothes from earlier but had lost the leather jacket allowing me a great view of his muscular arms. "Caitie, come in," Dean said as he ushered me into his room. "Do you want a beer? That's all I have at the moment."

I smiled and nodded as Dean handed me the beer. I took a swig then turned to him and said, "is there somewhere that we can sit down and talk?"

Dean nodded and led me out to his balcony. I took a deep breath of the fresh, crisp, fall air as we sat there in silence. I sighed, "Dean, I want you to sit there and listen to me without interrupting. I'm already nervous as hell and I don't need you stopping me and making me regret saying anything, OK?"

"OK," Dean replied as he looked at me and drank his beer.

I took a deep breath and retold Dean what I had told Roman earlier. I hadn't planned on telling Dean about my kid's dad but I did. Everything came spilling out and when I had finished, I stared at Dean to see his reaction. He was just sitting there staring over the balcony as he finished his beer.

Dean set his bottle on the table and turned to look at me. His expression unreadable, and said, "That's it? That's your big secret is that you have kids and you're a widow?"

I hadn't realized that I had been holding my breath until then. I let it out and looked down at my hands in my lap. "Yes and I understand if this changes the way you see me. I'm use to it by now. Roman said you liked me but this always breaks the deal."

I looked back up and my breath caught in my throat as I seen two baby blue eyes staring back at me. While I was talking, Dean had walked over to me and put his hands on my chair. "It's not going to scare me away if that's what you think. So what if you've been married before? so you have kids? I may have never done the whole kids thing before but I'm always will to try something new. I like you, Caitie, and it's going to take a hell of a lot more than that to scare me away," Dean said but was quickly shut up.

I smashed my lips on his. I couldn't take it anymore. The way he looked at me with a fierce wanting in his eyes and the words he was saying was just too much for me. Dean quickly wrapped his arms around my waist and carried me to his bed without breaking the kiss.

The kiss was perfect. It was like the whole world had melted away and all that was left was me and him. It was passionate and full of wanting and need. I was drowning in him and I wanted more. I needed more.

Then I felt Dean's hands slip under my shirt and I realized this wasn't the time for this. I wasn't ready. I gently pushed Dean away and tried to steady my breathing before I spoke, "Dean, I can't. Not yet. I barely know you."

Dean sighed and rested his forehead against mine. "Let me show you then. Breakfast?"

"I can't. I'm meeting Cesaro for coffee."

"How about lunch?"

I thought for a second and nodded but then thought of something else. "Dean, can you promise me something?"

"Anything."

"Promise me you won't tell anyone that I have kids."

Dean smirked. "I promise."

Dean kissed me again. This one was softer but you could still feel the need buried deep. Dean pulled away after a few minutes and walked me to my room. "I'll see you at noon tomorrow then?"

"Yes and thank you for not freaking out."

"Anything for you, Princess," Dean replied as he gave my forehead a kiss and headed back down the hallway. I sighed as I watched me go. This night definitely went better than I had planned...