What Are Friends For

Ryota's POV

Shivering, I reach up and ring the doorbell, hoping that he would answer. After waiting for a couple of seconds, the opens opens to reveal Akashi in boxers and a white tank top, his hair messed up as if he had just gotten out of bed.

Hesitating a bit, I sniffle and try to keep my composure, despite the tears running down my cheeks. "A-akashi....Is it o-ok if I stay the night...?"

I watch as he goes wide eyed and reaches out for me, pulling me inside as he speaks. "What are you doing out here? It's freezing outside!" He exclaims, shutting and locking the door.

Shaking my head, I stifle a sob by covering my mouth. Squeezing my eyes shut, I can't help the the flood of memories from earlier that night. Arms are wrapped around and I let myself be held by Akashi as he whispers comforting words into my ear, being patient the whole time.

Once I calm down, I don't feel up to talking so I stay silent, clutching onto Akashi's tear stained top. Understanding, Akashi leads me to the couch gently and sits me down, wrapping a warm blanket around my shoulders. He leaves for a bit but comes back to hand me a mug of tea. After taking a couple of sips, I slowly start to feel the brisk cold from outside leave me as warmth spreads all throughout my body. Staring in the mug, I compose myself before explaining the events that occurred earlier.

"....and then I came here." I finish, fresh tears staining my pink cheeks. By now I had finished my drink and was completely warm.

Akashi tenses up after I finish, but doesn't comment on anything yet. We sit in comfortable silence until he reaches out and pulls me against his side, hugging me tightly while whispering against my ear. "He's a jerk for saying all of that."

Burying my face against his neck, I try to ignore the sharp pain behind my eyes as tears start to form once more. "I thought he really liked me....I know I liked him...."

Rubbing my back comfortingly, he kisses the side of my head gently. "You can stay here for as long as you want, I'll call Ryoma later to let him know where you are, ok?"

Nodding my thanks, I pull back and wipe at my tears. Giving him an unsteady smile, I rub my nose. "I'd really like that."

Standing up, I follow him to the guest bedroom. Loaning me warm pajama's, he then ruffles my hair before saying goodnight.

Akashi's POV

"Goodnight Ryota." I whisper.

Smiling at me, he nods. "Goodnight Akashi."

Closing his door a bit, I turn and make my way to my room, thinking about the events that occurred tonight. Walking into my room, I close the door a bit and lay down on my bed, covering me with blankets. Pulling out my phone, I dial Ryoma's number and wait for him to answer.

BRING BRING....BRING BRING...BR-

"Hello?" A sleepy voice mumbled.

Smiling softly, I whisper quietly. "Hey there sleepy head."

Sighing, he whispers back to me. "Hey, Akashi. What's up?"

"Ryota came over about an hour ago, he's going to stay the night." I explain.

"What?" I hear rustling in the background, probably him sitting up in bed. "He was just on a date with Atobe, what happened?"

Hesitating, I take a deep breath and explain the situation to him. After finishing, he doesn't say anything until he growls through the phone.

"I'm gonna kill him!" He growls menacingly.

Sighing, I shake my head and glance at the clock that read 12:40 p.m. "Just get some rest ok? I'll be sure to bring Ryota home when he's ready."

He huffs over the phone and whispers calmly. "Alright, night Akashi."

Smiling softly, I whisper through the phone. "Sweet dreams, Ryoma."