Sneak Peek

Excerpt from Enraptured By You:

The man behind the security desk now lets me pass with a small acknowledgment, having grown used to seeing me enter Benjamin's building

The man behind the security desk now lets me pass with a small acknowledgment, having grown used to seeing me enter Benjamin's building. I'm a regular visitor.

"Good evening, Miss Fontaine."

"Hi, Victor."

I summon the elevator while he cuts around his desk to input the code for the penthouse. Rebecca's advice hasn't left my brain, which is the reason I couldn't sleep, not until I make amends. The familiar chime tinkles and the silver doors disengage, far too slowly for my impatient nerves. I tread into Benjamin's dark apartment and gravitate toward the bedroom, wondering whether he's home.

I find him asleep in bed, fully clothed and surrounded by papers. I leave my purse by the bedroom door and stop next to the mattress, glancing at the piles. My throat dries, reading over gigantic totals and calculations, understanding none of it. How in the hell does someone have this much money?

I gather the papers together, surprised he doesn't wake from his uncomfortable position against the headboard. I wonder if this was how his nights would end before he met me. I deposit them onto his desk neatly and kick off my shoes, shedding my coat at the same time. It's easy to become distracted by the view from his windows, which cover the best parts of the city. It's late, but many of the buildings surrounding are lit brightly. My eyes wander down, far down, to the traffic below, the cars that are like ants from this height.

I let myself think on everything that's happened in the last week, forcing myself to understand the dangers of my present situation. It's not overreacting to be afraid. My face is on nearly every newspaper in New York. The man I'm linked to is famously adored, which makes our budding relationship front page news. I'm no longer in hiding. I've blown my cover.

And yet, despite all my fear and how stupid I must be to actually acknowledge this, I wouldn't take back meeting Benjamin for a second. I'm in love for the first time, with a man just as passionate and just as stubborn as me, but who is good—who wants to make my life better. How could I ever regret knowing him?

My thoughts create turmoil beneath my skin, and the only relief is to be near him. I leave the window and dig my knee into the mattress, crawling up onto his body. He wakes as I do, blinking with surprise at the movement. Just before I lay my throbbing head on his chest, his blinking falters with realization. I'm here, despite what happened today, letting him know I need him, far more than I should.

He lets out a breath as I settle my weight onto him, hugging his sides, listening to his thumping heartbeat. Seconds tick by before he curls his arm around my waist, readjusting his position so he's on the pillows instead of the headboard. There's a tight constricting in my chest, which physically hurts. He is solid and real beneath me. I move my hands over his shirt while his own tangle into my hair, massaging my skull comfortingly.

I undo the first buttons to his shirt and my lips travel over the space I reveal, finding warm skin, dark hair, hard muscle. I'm crying, and I don't know why. He holds the nape of my neck and urges me up from his chest to his face until my wet cheek is pressed up on his. A shaky breath escapes and I squeeze my eyes together, willing the tears away.

He strokes my hair, praising my skin with sweet, loving kisses. "I'm sorry."

I nod, feeling an end to the fight. "Me too."

*End Excerpt*

Pre-order is available DECEMBER 1st! 🎉
Official release is DECEMEBER 11th! 🎉

GOODREADS LINK:
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/42754347-enraptured-by-you

I'm so excited for you guys to see the second installment to Ben and Darcy's story! Those of you who read Enraptured before when it was on Wattpad will find many added scenes between the two stubborn lovers. 😘

Love you all! xx

Alicia