Prologue pt.2

Abi's P.O.V.
Zee, who was still standing next to me, looked at me, seeing my wide eyes and dropped jaw.
"Abi what's-" She looked out the window, "wrong..."
I quickly shut the door and took a few steps backward from the door, bumping into someone.
"Hey, Abi," I heard an Irish accent say, "How are-Abi? You look like you've seen a ghost." He took my shoulders and turned me around to face him fully.
"Jack. I th-think there's a hurricane coming," I said, most likely white as a sheet. His always-joyful face suddenly turned serious as he walked briskly over to the window. He turned quickly to everyone and said, "Everyone, into the basement."
A man with floppy dark hair laughed and in a British accent replied, "Isn't that what people say in horror movies before everyone gets murdered?"
"Yes, Phil," Jack huffed, "But if we don't go, instead of getting killed by a mass-murderer, we will be killed by a hurricane."
The man (Phil, I presume,) paled and looked over at Mark, who was opening the door to the basement. I was frozen with fear, and watched as everyone else filled downstairs. I felt a hand on my shoulder, and turned to see Zee, who whispered, "It's okay. C'mon, lets go downstairs. The others are waiting."
I nodded a bit and walked towards the basement door, when I looked back at the door. My eyes widened. The hurricane was about to hit. It was moving faster then I thought. I pulled Zee and I though the basement door, stumbling down the steps.
"Guys," I say, getting everyone's attention.
"It's here."

Zee's P.O.V:

The dim light above flickered suddenly before it blew out completely, and a few gasps were heard as the building felt like it was about to topple. I, myself, tried to grip the stone walls as the things and people scattered. The creaking was unbearable, I eventually had to crouch down next to the nearest person with my hands covering my ears. I shut my eyes as tight as I could before the game ended.

This isn't real, I'm fine. I repeated in my head as the howl of the raging winds whipped through the house. The whimper of whoever copied my actions next to me pursued me to cry and give up. As I continued to get myself to believe this was nothing an unbelievable scratching like nails on a chalk board echoed longingly throughout the basement. A huge vase, or heavy box, fountain, something was skidding across the floor.

I wince as that heavy object came crashing onto me, spilling its contents on my fragile body. I struggled to push books, metal, and things that shouldn't be down here in the first place off of my crushed figure. This couldn't have been the object scraped across the wooden floor just mere seconds ago. Maybe it hit a wall, maybe it toppled over as well.

I kicked the last of the particles off of my calves, and before I try to stand in the barreling winds and heavy rain I peer over at the person beside me. It was the same badass who ushered everyone down here, Mark.

His eyes were puffy from all of the panicking he'd done, and possibly crying. His jet black hair stuck to his forehead as he worked up a sweat, and his lonely, brown orbs pleaded for all harm to stop. I bet a looked somewhat similar to the host, minus the hair and tear stains.

All hope was lost when a huge flash of burning light covered my vision completely. A ringing sensation rippled throughout my body as the flash brought white to my eyes. It was all I could hear, all I could see, until nothing was moving or making noise.

The object that has burned our eardrums had been a stone structure before it shattered. I knew what exactly went down as I stand taking in the fresh scene. Several had cuts and bruises, I had been one of the lucky ones escaping with barely a scratch. I was also the first up, and not holding their ears in agony, or clutching their stomach in sheer pain. I was also the last out of that door tonight.

"I'm sorry I dragged you into this mess."

"You stayed strong."

"I wish the best for you."

"Are you okay?"