Best Friends and Practices

Start from the beginning

@JennMendoza: going to a dance audition tomorrow. Nervous...

She scrolled down her timeline until she got a mention, by one of the really good friends she's made on twitter.

@CallieDanceGirl: @jennmendoza I know you'll do great! Want me to meet you there??

@JennMendoza: @CallieDanceGirl sure! I'll text you the details!

She quickly texted the details of the auditions to her twitter friend, Callie and laid back on her pillow. She closed her eyes, and the exhaustion from her dance workout earlier finally coursed through her, and she fell into a deep sleep.

A few hours later, she woke to her phone ringing. She quickly answered it before whoever was calling her could hang up.

"Hello?"

"Hi, is this Jennifer?"

"Yes, who is this?"

"This is Maribelle. Can we talk?"

"Maribelle? Is something wrong?"

"No, I just wanna talk to you."

"All right. You wanna come over?"

"Sure. See you in a few."

"All right. Bye."

"Bye."

Jennifer stood up and shook the towel from her hair. She went through it with her brush and shook it so it didn't get stiff. She looked at her reflection and sighed. Her eyes were baggy and a little red from crying so much that day. Jennifer walked down the stairs and walked into the kitchen for a snack. She grabbed a granola bar just as the doorbell rang. She walked to the front door and took a deep breath before smiling and opening it.

As she opened the door, she saw her old best friends Maribelle and Anna smiling back at her. She gave them both a small smile and they both gave her hugs at the same time, holding on a little longer than needed. Jennifer closed her eyes and took a deep breath. She really missed her friends; she hadn't talked to them in months at the earliest. They both had overnight bags in their hands, and Jennifer knew they weren't going to take no for an answer, but Jennifer knew they couldn't stay for more than a few hours, for she had to practice for the auditions.

"What made you guys wanna come over?" she asked them. They both gave her guilty smiles.

"Well... When we saw you today, we decided we weren't gonna let you push us away anymore. We miss you Jen." She gave them both smiles and they returned it, with wide, toothy smiles.

"I miss you guys too, but you can't stay the night, I have auditions tomorrow!" she said, and as expected, they started jumping up and down squealing. She giggled at them and they demanded to know everything. When Jennifer explained how Scooter had signed her up for Justin Bieber's backup dancer auditions, they squealed even louder.

"Do you think he could sign us up too??" Anna asked. Jennifer was shocked.

"You guys wanna audition too??" she asked, and they both nodded excitedly.

"But-"

"-if you're gonna audition for something you're good at, and make it, we'll do it with you!" Maribelle finished for her. Jennifer smiled at her friends, and they were back in that old pattern that had got broken up months before.