Chapter Three ~ For Good

We are all currently sitting altogether  in our dining table. Having a breakfast as if it is a very usual thing that we do everyday. We're chatting and laughing at the same time enjoying each others company. 

Pero masaya talaga ko ngayon. I can't explain the happiness I'm feeling right now. Knowing that our family is back together. I never thought na makukumpleto ulit kami. Na magiging ganito kami. 

Di ba nga lumaki kami ng kuya ko na walang nanay. And our Dad  ayun masyadong workaholic. I loathed my Mom. You know that well I mean everyone in this house does. Well sino ba namang hindi di ba? After giving birth to me she suddenly disappeared. 

She left all of us hanging. Syempre nung lumaki ako di naman maiiwasan na tanungin kung sino at nasaan ang nanay ko di ba? Kasi naman tuwing papasok ako sa school lagi ko na lang nakikita yung mga kaibiigan ko at ibang classmate ko na may kasamang nanay. Alam ko noon maraming naiinggit sakin because I've got everything. I'm famous ( ever since I was a kid I was a model ), our family is well - known, respected and filthy rich clan ( my Grandfather owns Andrews Group of Companies while my Dad is a politician ), I've got the looks of course and the attitude and I'm a bright student. Pero kahit ganun I envy them, kasi kasama nila yung nanay nila. 

I can still remember that I was eight years old then when I really got curious about my Mom. Kagagaling ko lang ng school noon. Paano ba naman tuwing magtatanong ako tungkol sa nanay ko di sila iimik o kaya naman ididivert nila ang usapan sa iba. So I planned to ask my Dad about her. I really want to know her. I want to meet her so badly. I was on my way to the library and was about to open the door when i heard voices.

"Dad, is it true? T-that t-the w-woman in these photos and articles is my Mom?" i heard kuya asking Dad and obviously he's shocked confused, pain and longing is written all over his face. I was shocked upon hearing that. I know that it is rude to eavesdrop but I can't help it.

"Oh come on Noah, kailan mo ba balak itago si Francine sa mga anak mo huh?" naasar na sabi ni Lolo. I knew it! Dad was hiding her from us but why is he doing this?

"Pa! Bakit mo naman sinabi ito kay Faun?" Dad said almost hysterically while brushing his hand to his hair. 

"No Dad, Lolo didn't say anything to me. I found this out myself. I was in your office last time and I sneeked in-- I'm sorry Dad. I got curious why you're so drunk and you even came home late. And I found this and I heard you crying and saying this woman's name while staring at her portrait. And i asked Nana about our mother but she didn't say anything about it. So I asked Mr. Bernard instead and he gave me my mother's name that's all and I just want to confirm it." kuya explained. My brother is really smart. 

"Just tell him the truth Noah! God d@mn it! Wag mo ng pahirapan pa ang anak mo. He is really smart young man and you can't longer keep it to him. An dthere's no point in denying it! He already read this bullsh!t article and seen her photos." galit na si Lolo and he hit the table so I was startled.

Then Dad leveled to kuya's face he was hurting I can sense it. 

"Dad, don't be so hard on me. Tell me the truth. I have the right to know. And I want to know why that article says that she is single and doesn't have kids at all. And that she has many suitors. Why is it like that, Dad? I don't understand." kuya begged. I was confused upon hearing that news. I am sure that I do understand the terms used in that sentence but it's really ughh!

"I---I'm sorry son. I'm sorry I kept these from you. I just want to protect you and your sister. You know how much I love you and Fallon, right? *kuya nods*" Dad said as he holds kuya in arm length. Protect us from what? Then i just felt the warm liquis falling ffrom my cheeks.