Chapter 12

Memory#1

I remember the screaming. Of my father. I had gotten home from school when I heard it. He would scream at the visions he saw. Mom kept him locked up. Then one day I came home. There wasn't any screaming. I had walked down where my father was and there was blood everywhere.

My mom laid dead on the floor with a huge bite mark in her neck.

He said he made the visions stop mom tried to stop him.

He took his eyes out.

I remember an arm going around my waist and lifting me up like I weighed nothing. I remember yelling for the strange white costs to take me back but they didn't listen.

Instead they sat me down and tested me. I got higher results than anyone they've ever had. A woman with her hair pulled back in a ponytail smiled at me and said my new family was just waiting inside those doors. They put a wicked lab coat on me and pushed me through.

I was 6.

End of memory #1

.......

Memory #2

I sat next to my best friend. Newt. He was making me close my eyes as he got something

"C'mon Newt" my 15 year old voice said

"Hold on!" The 14 year old grumbled I sighed then I felt his hand touch mine. "Open"

I did and saw a little box in his hand

"You remembered?" I asked

"Of course. How could I forget your birthday!" He said I smiled. Newt was a great friend. My brother Gally had been sent into the glade 3 months ago. I never got over it. The door opened.

A 16 year old boy came in. He had spiky blackish hair with red streaks in it and looked mature.

"Nick?" I asked. "What is it? Does Chancellor Paige need us?"

"No" he said he looked straight at Newt and raised a finger motioning him to come Newt blushed and shoved my birth  day present in my hand

He dashed after Nick. I looked at where they left then down at the box. I opened it carefully. I took out a pin that said Forever-ever. I smiled.

When they first brought in Newt he was so young. Only 7 at the time actually. He was one of the smartest. He started a big friendship with me. I was 8. He used to say he want to stay with me forever-ever. It always stuck.

I pinned it on my uniform then walked out. Where did Newt go? When I walked into an empty hallway I froze.

Not empty! Not empty!

Nick was pushing Newt up against the wall as they kissed. They were like dry humping. I gaped.

"You like that?" I heard Nick whisper as he bit Newt's shoulder. Weirdo!